Muhammad Gori was a feudatory of Mahmud Ghazni. After the death of Ghazni, he took over control of his empire and proved himself to be a powerful leader. Gori wanted to expand his kingdom and so he turned towards India and planned to capture some major parts of it. Prithviraj Chauhan of the Chauhan Dynasty was also a very powerful and effective Ruler of that time. He decided to fight Muhammad Gori and expel him far away from India.
Ten Lines on First Battle of Tarain
1) The First Battle of Tarain was fought in 1191 between Chauhan King Prithviraj Chauhan and Muhammad Gori, a sultan of Ghurid Empire.
2) After capturing major parts of the whole world, Muhammad Gori turned his interest towards India.
3) Prithviraj Chauhan wanted to win Punjab which was at that time under the control of Muhammad Gori.
4) To get control over Punjab was the main reason behind the 1st battle of Tarain.
5) The army of Muhammad Gori was not strong enough to fight against Prithviraj Chauhan’s army.
6) The army of Prithviraj Chauhan destroyed a major part of Gori’s army.
7) Muhammad Gori was also badly injured in this war.
8) When Muhammad Gori was about to fall from his horse, one of his soldiers saved him.
9) The soldier took away Muhmmad Gori from the battlefield.
10) Finally, the war ended with the result in favor of Chahamana’s King Prithviraj Chauhan.
The above set had enough facts to provide you all basic information but if you want to gain some more information on the Battle of Tarain then we have created another set of 10 important facts and information to bring you some events that occurred during the war. These important points will help you in building your confidence in the topic. So let’s read the below-provided set.
1) Tarain, also called Taraori, in the present day is in the Kernal district of Haryana State of India.
2) The important sources of Battle of Tarain are Tajul-Ma’asir of Hasan Nizami, Hammira Mahakavya, Tarikh-i Firishta of Firishta, Prithviraj Raso and others.
3) Before the Battle of Tarain, Muhammad Gori had sent an envoy to Prithviraj Chauhan for a peaceful agreement, but Prithviraj refused his agreement.
4) According to the sources, the agreement asked them to convert to Islam and accept the subjection of Ghurids.
5) Many feudatory rulers were also in support of Prithviraj Chauhan.
6) The Army of Muhammad Gori started the war by shooting Arrows at Chahamana Army.
7) Later the Army of Muhammad Gori was surrounded by the army of Prithviraj from the three sides.
8) After Muhammad Gori wounded and was taken away by his soldier, his Army was helpless and thus surrendered.
9) With this grand victory, Prithviraj Chauhan also won a huge wealth of enemy which he distributed among his soldiers.
10) It is also said that Prithviraj Chauhan and his army expelled the army of Muhammad Gori up to 80 miles of distance.
It was very important for Gori to win this Battle because it could open the doors of India for Mughal Rulers but he badly injured and failed. With the victory in this Battle, the feat of Prithviraj Chauhan was accepted and praised worldwide. Gori was very annoyed with his defeat and so he decided to revenge it.