Chang Jiang or Yangtze is a very important river of China as well as the entire world. Let’s read some important details about the river. You don’t need to wander anywhere as we have created some sets of 10 lines below. You can read all of them, and I am sure that they will provide you with all the basic information at one place. So why don’t you visit them right now.
Ten lines on Chang Jiang (Yangtze) River
1) Yangtze River is the longest river of China as well as Asia and the world’s third longest river.
2) It is the sixth-largest river in the world as per the water discharge volume.
3) Yangtze River is the longest river of the earth which flows entirely within one country.
4) The river flows in the one-fifth area of China and is the home of one-third population.
5) Yangtze River originates from several tributaries from the eastern part of Tibetan Plateau.
6) It travels through a deep valley in the east and emerges into Yungui Plateau.
7) The length of the Yangtze River is 6300 km with the catchment area of 1.8 million km2.
8) The Yangtze River has eight tributaries and Yalung, Min, Jialing, Han are some of them.
9) The Yangtze delta generates approximately 20 percent of China’s GDP in one year.
10) Top tourist attractions on the Yangtze River is Chongqing Dazu Carvings, Bai Di city, etc.
1) Chang Jiyang River emerges in the southwest of China.
2) It is also called as Yangtze or Yangzi River.
3) It is regarded as the third-longest river in the world.
4) Yangtze River is stated as the sixth-largest river in the world by discharge volume.
5) Jari Hill in the Tanggula Mountains of Tibetan plateau is the originating place of the river Yangtze.
6) Yangtze River is 6300 km in length.
7) The area of the drainage basin of the Yangtze River is 1808500 square km.
8) Yalong, Min, Tuo, etc. are the left bank tributaries of river Yangtze.
9) Wu, Yuan, Zi, Gan, etc. are the right bank tributaries of river Yangtze.
10) Yangtze River gets discharged into the East China Sea.
1) Yangtze River is the longest river in China.
2) This river traces its entire course in China only.
3) Yangtze River is of great importance to the people of China from ancient times.
4) The river water is utilized by people for drinking, irrigation, and sanitation purposes.
5) It also benefits people by providing transportation.
6) Yangtze River basin is home to a rich variety of flora and fauna.
7) It also contains some extinct species like the Yangtze River Dolphin and Chinese paddlefish.
8) It nurtures the different ecosystems through which it flows.
9) An extension of the Yangtze River in Yunan is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
10) It is considered to be the major contributor to Ocean plastic pollution.
1) Yangtze River is the longest river in Asia and the third-longest river in the world after the Nile and Amazon and has a great contribution to the Chinese civilization.
2) Yangtze River is also known as Yangzi or ‘Chang Jiang’ which means ‘Long River’ and it is also called ‘Da Jing’ which means ‘Great River’.
3) The river starts from the tributaries located in the eastern part of the Tibetan Plateau and flows to the deep valley in the mountains east of it.
4) The Chinese government has declared the source of the Yangtze River as ‘Tuotuo tributary’ located at the base of the Guangdong Mountains.
5) Yangtze River runs through Anhui and Jiangsu provinces where it receives more water from the number of sources and finally reaches the East Sea in Shanghai.
6) The upstream of Yangtze River relates to the section from Yibin to Yichang, the middle part refers from Yichang to Honku and the downstream part is Hukou to Shanghai.
7) The Yangtze delta which starts from Zhejiang consists of a large number of tributaries, lakes and ancient riverbeds that are connected to the main channel.
8) The major cities which are located on the banks of Yangtze River are Chongqing, Yibin, Wuhan, Zhenjiang, Nanjing, Nantong, Shanghai, etc.
9) Chongqing Dazu Carvings, Lesser Three Gorges, and Fengdu Ghost city, etc. are some important places to visit here.
10) The world’s biggest dam ‘Three Gorges Dam’ is made on the Yangtze River.
In recent years, the Yangtze River has faced challenges from industrial pollution, plastic pollution, loss of environment and bio-diversity, etc. Due to these issues, the government has made some sections of the river as a natural reserve. In the mid of 2014, the government announced that it is going to build a multi-tier transportation network consisting of railways, roads, and airports for the purpose of creating a new economic zone alongside the river which will be highly beneficial to the people.