Yangtze River is the longest river in China as well as in Asia and third longest river in the world after Nile and Amazon. It is the river which flows only in China. The credit for the extension and spreading of Chinese civilisation also goes to Yangtze River.
The meaning of Yangtze or Chang Jiang is ‘Long River’. The prosperous Yangtze River delta delivers approximately 20 percent of the GDP of China.
The river is 6300 km long and it is one of the busiest waterways of the world. It originates from the western part of China to East China Sea.
Yangtze also has a high discharge volume and it is considered as the world’s sixth largest river by its discharge volume.
Ten lines on Chang Jiang (Yangtze) River in English
We have provided ten lines on Yangtze River in English for class 3, class 4, class 5 and class 6. After reading these lines you will know that what is Yangtze River, what is the ranking of Yangtze River in terms of water discharge, from where Yangtze River originates, what is the length and catchment area of Yangtze River, what are the tourist attractions of Yangtze River etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will support your essays on Yangtze River as well as related topics like Yangtze River facts, Yangtze River length, Yangtze River source, Yangtze River dam, few lines on Yangtze River etc.
10 Lines on Chang Jiang (Yangtze) River – Set 1
1) Yangtze River is the longest river of China as well as Asia and world’s third longest river.
2) It is the sixth largest river of the world as per the water discharge volume.
3) Yangtze River is longest river of earth which flows entirely within one country.
4) The river flows in one-fifth area of China and is the home of one-third population.
5) Yangtze River originates from several tributaries from eastern part of Tibetan Plateau.
6) It travels through deep valley in the east and emerges into Yungui Plateau.
7) The length of Yangtze River is 6300 km with the catchment area of 1.8 million km2.
8) The Yangtze River has eight tributaries and Yalung, Min, Jialing, Han are some of them.
9) The Yangtze delta generates approximately 20 percent of China’s GDP in one year.
10) Top tourist attraction on Yangtze River are Chongqing Dazu Carvings, Bai Di city etc.
We have provided another set of ten points on Yangtze River for class 9, class 10, class 11 and class 12. After going through these points, you will know as which is the third longest river of the world, what are the other names and meaning of Yangtze River, from where Yangtze delta starts, which are the major cities located on the bank of Yangtze River etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on Yangtze River and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Chang Jiang (Yangtze) River – Set 2
1) Yangtze River is the longest river in Asia and third longest river in the world after Nile and Amazon and has a great contribution to the Chinese civilisation.
2) Yangtze River is also known as Yangzi or ‘Chang Jiang’ which means ‘Long River’ and it is also called as ‘Da Jing’ which means ‘Great River’.
3) The river starts from the tributaries located in the eastern part of the Tibetan Plateau and flows to the deep valley in the mountains east of it.
4) The Chinese government has declared the source of Yangtze River as ‘Tuotuo tributary’ located at the base of the Guangdong Mountains.
5) Yangtze River runs through Anhui and Jiangsu provinces where it receives more water from the number of sources and finally reaches East Sea at Shanghai.
6) The upstream of Yangtze River relates to the section from Yibin to Yichang, the middle part refers from Yichang to Honku and downstream part is Hukou to Shanghai.
7) The Yangtze delta which starts from Zhejiang consists of a large number of tributaries, lakes and ancient riverbeds which are connected to main channel.
8) The major cities which are located on the banks of Yangtze River are Chongqing, Yibin, Wuhan, Zhenjiang, Nanjing, Nantong, Shanghai etc.
9) The major tourist attractions on the Yangtze River are Chongqing Dazu Carvings, Three Gorges, Lesser Three Gorges, Bai Di City, Fengdu Ghost city etc.
10) The famous three gorges dam which is the biggest dam in the world is made on Yangtze River and it forms man-made lake with 410 miles upstream.
In recent years, Yangtze River has faced challenges from industrial pollution, plastic pollution, loss of environment and bio-diversity etc. Due to these issues the government has made some sections of the river as a natural reserve. In the mid of 2014, the government announced that it is going to build a multi-tier transportation network consisting of railways, roads and airports for the purpose of creating a new economic zone alongside the river which will be highly beneficial to the people.