Ob River flows in the parts of central Russia and it is a major river of Asia. Ob is also the seventh longest river in the world. The river is formed by the confluence of Biya and Katun rivers which originate from Altay Mountains. Ob River flows only in Russia while its tributaries are extended to Kazakhstan, China and Mongolia. The catchment area of Ob River is 2,975,000 sq. km and it is the sixth-largest in the world.
The western portion of the Siberian plain covers approximately 85 percent of the total of the Ob basin and the rest 15 percent is covered by terraced plains in Turgay in Kazakhstan. The Ob River supports the population by providing them irrigation for agriculture, water for drinking and electricity through its hydroelectric projects. It also acts as a home for around 50 species of fish.
Ten Lines on Ob River in English
We are providing here 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Nile River in English Language for students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Students can get help in their studies from these sets of lines and complete their home work, assignments, project work and can get knowledge within less time also. So, let's start:
10 Lines on Ob River
1) The Ob River is one of the major rivers which flow in western Siberia, Russia.
2) It is the seventh longest river in the world and flows through central Russia.
3) Ob is formed by the combination of Biya and Katun rivers in Altay Mountains.
4) It originates from 25 km south-west of Biysk in Altai Krai located in Russia.
5) Ob River gets divided into two small rivers after joining the large Irtysh tributaries.
6) The river moves zigzag to the west and north where it finally drains into the Gulf of Ob.
7) The length of Ob River is 3650 km with the catchment area of 2,975,000 sq. km.
8) The Ob-Irtysh River System is the fourth longest river system in Asia.
9) Irtysh is the main tributary of Ob River other than Omsk, Parabel, Chaya, Tobol etc.
10) Novosibirsk is Russia’s third-largest city which is situated on the bank of Ob River.
10 Lines and Sentences on Ob River
1) Ob River emerges in central Russia.
2) Its link with the Irtysh River makes it as seventh longest river system in the world.
3) Altay Mountains in Russia is the originating place of Ob River.
4) The tributaries Biya and Katun meet to give rise to river Ob.
5) Ob River is 3700 km in length.
6) The area of the drainage basin of the Ob River is 29,72,497 square km.
7) Katun, Anuy, Charysh, etc. are the left bank tributaries of river Ob.
8) Biya, Berd, Inya, Tom, etc. are the right bank tributaries of river Ob.
9) Ob River flows in Russia but its tributaries are extended in countries like China, Kazakhstan, and Mongolia.
10) The river finally discharges into the Arctic Ocean.
5 Lines on Ob River
1) The seventh longest river is the OB River.
2) Biya and Katun are its main tributaries.
3) It is located in Central Russia.
4) It serves as a major navigable waterway.
5) It is about 3,700 km in length.
20 Lines on Ob River
1) Ob River is an important river of Russia.
2) It is the most western of three great rivers that flow in Siberia.
3) Novosibirsk stated as the largest Siberian city lies on the bank of the Ob River.
4) The Gulf of Ob is regarded as the longest estuary in the world.
5) Ob River facilitates people with drinking water, fishing, and irrigation.
6) The river has many hydroelectric projects that are utilized for producing hydroelectricity.
7) Willow, Snowball, bird cherry, buckthorn trees are majorly found in areas near the river.
8) The river water has different species of fish dwelling in it.
9) Ob River serves as good means of transportation in Siberia.
10) The discharge of nuclear waste is the main cause of pollution of Ob River.
11) Ob River which flows in central Russia is one of the greatest rivers of Asia and one of the important rivers which flow in western Siberia.
12) It is formed 25 km in the south-west of Biysk in Altai Krai after the joining of Biya and Katun rivers which originate from Altay Mountains.
13) The Biya River originates from Lake Teletskoye whereas the Katun River having the length of 700 km originates from the glacier located in Mount Byelukha.
14) The flow of Ob River remains within Russia with its tributaries stretching up to Kazakhstan, China and Mongolia.
15) The West Siberian Plain covers about 85 percent of the Ob River basin, and rest is covered by the plains in Turgay in Kazakhstan.
16) More than 1900 rivers are located in the Ob River basin with the total length of approximately 180,000 km.
17) Ob River is surrounded with ice in southern Barnaul from early November to April end and at northern Salekhard from October end to the start of June.
18) Novosibirsk is the third-largest city of Russia which is situated on the banks of Ob River; others are Barnaul, Kolpashevo, Surgut, Beryozovo and Salekhard.
19) The ‘Trans-Siberian Railways’, the longest railway of the world crosses the Irtysh tributary at Omsk located at the upper Ob at Novosibirsk.
20) The three main hydroelectric stations were built on Ob River, one at Novosibirsk, and the other two at Bukhtarma and Oskemen located at Irtysh River.
The Ob River provides irrigation, transportation, potable drinking water, hydroelectricity as well as fishing. There are several hydroelectric power plants that are installed on Ob River. The largest is the Novosibirskaya with a capacity of 460 MW. The longest railway route in the world, the Trans-Siberian Railway network also crosses the Ob River. More than 1900 tributaries are located on the river basin with the length of 180,000 km.