Our earth is the habitat of many species in the form of marine life and land life. Every single species is important for balancing the ecosystem and plays its part in biodiversity. To know more about biodiversity, you should check the below sets of 10 lines that we have created for you.
Ten Lines on Biodiversity in English
Some well worded sets of 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Biodiversity for students of class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are given below to help them in their study , exams and school assignments. Just go through these lines and select the one of your choice:
10 Lines on Biodiversity
1) Biodiversity is the biological varieties of species and a healthy relationship between them.
2) Every species in the ecosystem has a special function without which the balance of the ecosystem may destroy.
3) Biodiversity helps in sustaining the food web in the ecosystem.
4) There are around 8.7 million species on earth with 6.5 million on land and 2.2 in oceans.
5) Forests host a large amount of biodiversity and protect us from pollution.
6) Biodiversity also fulfils the pharmaceutical and medicinal requirements of mankind.
7) Coral reefs sustain the largest biodiversity and host 25% of marine life on them.
8) High biodiversity at a place helps it to recover quickly from the disasters.
9) Biodiversity has steadily come down the past few decades due to increasing pollution and climate change.
10) Preserving biodiversity is very important since it directly affects the normal course of life and helps in balancing the ecosystem.
10 Lines and Sentences on Biodiversity
1) The variety of life forms ranging from macroscopic to microscopic and from flora and fauna sustaining on the planet is the biodiversity.
2) Forests and oceans host major part of biodiversity on earth.
3) Many species of plants and animals are interdependent for their basic needs.
4) Climate change, industrial revolution and deforestation have highly affected biodiversity leading to the extinction of major species of plant and animals.
5) Around 98% of species that ever existed on earth have now been extinct due to various reasons.
6) 22nd May is the International Day for the Biological Diversity to promote biodiversity on a global platform.
7) UN declared 2011-2020 as the United Nation Decade on Biodiversity to reduce the biodiversity loss.
8) Preserving the species on the verge of extinction and rebuilding its habitat is a way by which we can increase biodiversity.
9) Developing micro forests within cities could also help in increasing biodiversity and helping to clean the environment.
10) Reduction of pollution, preservation of species and forestation are few steps to increase biodiversity and maintain ecological balance.
5 Lines on Biodiversity
1) Biodiversity is the variety of life on the Earth.
2) Different species are present on Earth.
3) Every species plays a different role.
4) It balances the ecosystem.
5) We need to conserve our biodiversity.
20 Lines on Biodiversity
1) Biodiversity stands for Biological Diversity which refers to the variability of life.
2) Since Biodiversity is natural, so it is beneficial for maintaining natural balance all the way.
3) Biodiversity is sometimes like a source of a huge variety of foods.
4) Biodiversity is the source of raw material which human consumes or uses for production.
5) The biodiversity provides us with fresh water, fresh air, land and other valuable things to survive.
6) Climate change and natural disasters can be bridged only by preserving biodiversity.
7) 40% of the world’s economy is completely dependent on biodiversity.
8) Biodiversity has three elements as Genetic Diversity, Ecosystem Diversity and Species Diversity.
9) The biodiversity is important to maintain the balance in the ecosystem.
10) Biodiversity is a source to promote cultural values and also tourism with a great effect.
11) Biodiversity is the variety of living beings in a particular region.
12) Biodiversity is the soul of the ecosystem on which the human being is completely dependent.
13) Biodiversity exists on land and also underwater.
14) Some data show that the biodiversity underwater is vast than that on the land.
15) Every species in Biodiversity has its importance in the ecosystem because of its special skill and function.
16) The variety of plants under biodiversity somehow has a role in medical science.
17) Counting the species is a way to measure the level of biodiversity.
18) The biodiversity is like the lots of services provided by nature for free.
19) Even the bacteria in the ecosystem help a lot to continue the cycle of various resources.
20) The biodiversity preserves the beauty of nature so we must preserve biodiversity. Climate change and natural disasters can be bridged only by preserving biodiversity.
Biodiversity is the most complex and most vital feature of the earth. It is very important for the sustenance of the ecological balance. It becomes important for us to sustain and increase the biodiversity of our planet so that it helps in the survival of the human race.