East India Company was a British Company that was established with a view to successfully operate a business through the Indian Ocean. There was the rule of Siraj-ud-Daulah in Bengal at the time when East India Company was stretching its arms to rule over India. Bengal was then a prosperous province and Company wanted to have its subjugation over Bengal. What happened next will be clear in the following sets of 10 lines. So let’s explore.
Ten Lines on Battle of Plassey
1) The Battle of Plassey was fought on 23 June 1757 at Plassey in Nadia district and on the banks of river Ganga.
2) The Battle was between the forces of British East India Company and the forces of Nawab of Bengal Siraj-ud-Daulah.
3) British Military Officer Robert Clive was leading the Forces of East India Company in this Battle.
4) British always wanted to capture Bengal because it was a fertile and wealthy province and could provide them a good income.
5) British tried every tactic to dismount Siraj-ud-Daulah from the Throne of Bengal.
6) Mir Jafar was the Commander General of Bengal’s Army and he wanted to be the King of Bengal.
7) The British offered Mir Jafar many temptations and used him against Siraj-ud-Daulah.
8) The Battle of Plassey was won by East India Company and the foundation of the British Empire was laid down in Bengal.
9) The Battle ended and English power prevailed in India.
10) Now the British had got right to do monopoly business with the richest and densely populated province of India.
We have brought for you the 2nd set on the Battle of Plassey. This set has a few more important facts and information to enhance your knowledge. This set will be helpful for students to find the reason and results of the Battle. Students can also use these lines in their projects to make them more elaborating and attractive. So let’s start.
1) Before the Battle, Clive had already conspired with three generals and many of the court persons of Nawab of Bengal.
2) The company was benefited greatly from this Battle as it had come for business but eventually had become the King.
3) According to the sources, the Army of Nawab constituted 50000 soldiers whereas the Army of Company had only 3000 soldiers.
4) Robert Clive knew that it was impossible for him to win the Battle of Plassey.
5) Now Clive started to bribe the people of Bengal and manipulated them.
6) Due to Mir Jafar’s association with the British, the Battle was already in the favor of East India Company.
7) Mirzafar was declared the Nawab of Bengal by Clive and the former donated a huge amount of money to Clive and Company.
8) Though Mir Jafar was the King of Bengal, he was not more than a puppet of the Company.
9) More than a Mercantile, the Company had now become the source of power.
10) With the help of money received from Bengal, the British conquered the French in the south.
The Battle of Plassey was a very important incident in the History of India. Many political powers emerged through this Battle. The company was taking interest in politics now and also was working to get complete dominance. The rule of the East India Company also had a very bad moral effect on Indians. Overall we can say that the end of the Battle of Plassey was the beginning of the dark era for India.