There have many battles in the past, out of which some have changed the entire history. One of them was the Battle of Buxar. Some sets of 10 lines on the Battle of Buxar will give you a complete idea about this important event and will make you ready for any competition, quiz, etc. Let’s read them right now.
Ten Lines on Battle of Buxar
1) Battle of Buxar took place in the year 1764 at Buxar district of Bihar.
2) It was a battle between East India Company and the combined participation of Indian states Bengal, Awadh and the Mughal Empire.
3) Hector Munro was leading the army of East India Company.
4) Despite having weaker force, East India Company won the Battle.
5) It was a decisive victory of East India Company.
6) The cause of the defeat of the alliance was the lack of co-ordination.
7) After the defeat, the Mughal Emperor Shah Alam entered into a treaty with the British.
8) Shuja-ud-Daulah also surrendered to the British and made a treaty with them.
9) The end of the battle was brought with a treaty of Allahabad in 1765.
10) Ultimately, the British succeeded in completely conquering India.
1) The group brought together the Nawab of Bengal Mir Qasim, the Mughal Emperor Shah Alam II and Nawab of Awadh Shuja-Ud-Daulah.
2) In this war, East India Company mainly used Indian soldiers and Indian cavalry in his army.
3) After the Battle, Lord Robert Clive became the first governor of Bengal.
4) The rule of the Nawab also ended with the defeat of Mir Qasim in this war.
5) Fiscal rights were secured by the British East India Company.
6) After winning the battle, the army of the British went to take control of important cities.
7) Company asked Shuja-Ud-Daulah to pay Rs. 50 lakh as the expenses of the war.
8) Mir Qasim died after the few years of the Battle and the reason for his death is still unclear.
9) The East India Company made political settlements with Emperor Shah Alam II and Shuja-ud-Daulah of Awadh after the Battle.
10) These political settlements were called the Treaty of Allahabad.
The battle of Buxar was undoubtedly a decisive battle in the history of India. It founded the British rule in India that continued for almost two hundred years. During these two centuries, they completely exploited India made it struggle for its own rights and freedom which took countless sacrifices. The result of the battle of Buxar was the result of a lack of brotherhood and a lack of mutual cooperation and trust and warns us to not repeat the same mistake ever in our life.