The Battle of Buxar was an important battle of Indian History fought in October 1764. This battle overturned the history and the future of India. This battle is also considered as the decisive battle to establish the British rule in India. The Battle of Plassey of 1757 had already transferred important powers and provinces to the East India Company. Instead of trading in India, ruling over entire India had become its ultimate goal. The battle of Buxar was the result of its desire which gave extremely fatal results and changed the fate of the India.
Ten Lines on Battle of Buxar in English
We have provided a set of 10 lines on the Battle of Buxar.
The set is comprised of few points of important facts and information on the Battle of Buxar.
The set is created in easy language to provide you information in short span of time.
The set will be very useful for the students of lower and upper classes. So let’s start reading the following points.
10 Lines on Battle of Buxar – Set 1
1) Battle of Buxar was fought in the year 1764 at Buxar district of Bihar.
2) It was a battle between East India Company and the combined alliance of Indian states Bengal, Awadh and the Mughal Empire.
3) The army of East India Company was led by Hector Munro.
4) Despite having weaker force, East India Company won the Battle.
5) It was a decisive victory of East India Company.
6) The cause of the defeat of the alliance was the lack of co-ordination.
7) After the defeat, the Mughal Emperor Shah Alam entered into a treaty with the British.
8) Shuja-ud-Daulah also surrendered to the British and made a treaty with them.
9) The end of the battle was brought with a treaty of Allahabad in 1765.
10) Ultimately, the British succeeded in completely conquering India.
Another set of 10 points with some additional information is not a bad idea. This set has brought some extra information on the topic. The language of the set is easy and the reader of any age can easily understand all the points. It will also help the students in creating their projects, essays and articles. So let’s read the second set with same joy.
10 Lines on Battle of Buxar – Set 2
1) The alliance combined Nawab of Bengal Mir Qasim, Nawab of Awadh Shuja-ud-Daula and the Mughal Emperor Shah Alam II.
2) In this war, East India Company mainly used Indian soldiers and Indian cavalry in his army.
3) After the Battle, Lord Robert Clive became the first governor of Bengal.
4) The rule of the Nawab also ended with the defeat of Mir Qasim in this war.
5) Fiscal rights were secured by the British East India Company.
6) After victory, the British army moved towards Awadh and took control over Banaras and Allahabad.
7) Shuja-ud-Daulah was forced to pay Rs 50 lakh to the company as the expenses of war.
8) Mir Qasim died after the few years of the Battle and the reason of his death is still unclear.
9) The East India Company made political settlements with Emperor Shah Alam II and Shuja-ud-Daulah of Awadh after the Battle.
10) These political settlements were called the Treaty of Allahabad.
The battle of Buxar was undoubtedly a decisive battle in the history of India. It founded the British rule in India that continued for almost two hundred years. During these two centuries, they completely exploited India made it struggle for its own rights and freedom which took countless sacrifices. The result of the battle of Buxar was the result of lack of brotherhood and lack of mutual cooperation and trust and warns us to not repeat the same mistake ever in our life.