Bats are the mammals belonging to the Chiroptera (Scientific name) category of species with presence in all across the globe except in deserts and Polar Regions. Bats belong to the special category of the mammals which are capable of maintaining sustained flights due to thin wings. They are also known as nocturnal flyers. With more than 1200 species around the world bats are considered to be extremely intelligent and social creatures.
Ten Lines on Bats in English
Here, I’m providing 10 lines, 5 lines, few lines and sentences on Bats for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 in form of sets. This topic is very useful for everyone who wants to know about Bats in detail within less time.
10 Lines on Bats
1) Bats can be classified into two groups mega bats and micro bats basically varying in size and weight. Flying foxes have the largest wingspans (1.8 m) with 990 gram weight and fall under the category of mega bats whereas bumblebee bats is the smallest bat (3 cm in length and 2 gram in weight) among micro bats category.
2) Lifespan of average Bats is around 30 years.
3) Bats are the only mammals that can fly.
4) Baby bats which are also known as pups. Female bats give birth to one baby per season and they form a close knit group known as colony for the better rearing of the pups.
5) Bats are omnivorous in nature and their diet includes insects, frogs, fishes, and fruits.
6) There are almost around 1200 species of bats across the globe and they form almost 25 percent of the mammals.
7) Bats help in pollination by spreading seeds for nuts, bananas, mangoes and plants like cactus.
8) They also eat lot of insects and they can catch 1300 insects in one hour especially in nights.
9) Many plants which are important from medicinal point of view meaning can be utilized as medicines depend upon bats for their survival,
10) Bats are very obsessed with cleaning they spend most of the time in licking and scratching the body for hours.
10 Lines and Sentences on Bats
1) Many species of bats have the ability to hang upside down due to their evolved feet and limbs.
2) Bats are not considered to be harmful for us until we come in direct contact of its saliva.
3) Bats sleep during the day time and are very active in night.
4) As per the research, Bats can reach speed of 100 miles per hour.
5) The excreta of bats popularly known as Guano is used as fertilizers. Guano can be utilized for making explosives because of the presence of potassium nitrate.
6) More than 60 percent of the species of Bats in America are facing risk of extinction due to loss in habitat and rabies disease.
7) Bats can easily digest flowers, insects, and fruits due to their high metabolism rate.
8) Bats are the only mammal which can fly, swim and run.
9) Bats have very unique breeding pattern. They usually mate in summer and early autumn at hibernation sites.
10) Bats can fold wings to trap the air against their own bodies for protecting themselves from cold. They generally prefer caves, trees, barns for their habitat.
5 Lines on Bats
1) Bats are small mammals.
2) They have two wings.
3) They are very lightweight.
4) They are active at night time.
5) There are different species of bat.
20 Lines on Bats
1) Bat is a fascinating mammal that belongs to the order Chiroptera.
2) Bats are of great importance to plants as they help in the process of pollination.
3) Bats are very conscious about cleaning and grooming their body.
4) They greatly contribute in reducing the pest population that poses threat to farming.
5) Bats feces are collected to make fertilizers as they are rich in nitrates.
6) They rest on the trees by hanging themselves in an inverted position.
7) Bats navigate by tracing the sounds waves produced by echoes.
8) They spend their entire life on trees, caves, and old buildings as they cannot walk properly on land.
9) Bats communicate by producing different types of sounds or by producing pheromones.
10) The male bat produces different types of sounds or sings songs to attract female bats.
11) Bat is the only mammal on earth with the capability of flight.
12) It inhabits every region of the world except the colder countries.
13) Over 1300 different species of bats found in the world.
14) Bats feed on a variety of insects and small animals, except for few species that feed on fruits and nectar.
15) A dog-like body appearance, a long snout, and large wings are the body features of a bat.
16) Bat is a nocturnal mammal that takes rest during the daytime and is active in dark.
17) The gestation period in female bats is ranging from 2-6 months time which differs according to the species.
18) The newly born young one of a bat is called a pup.
19) Bat hibernates during unfavorable cold climatic conditions.
20) The average lifespan of a bat is 15-30 years depending upon its species.
After going through the above facts and figures about Bats, one can easily say that they are the most fascinating creatures of planet earth. Rapid industrialization, pollution, deforestation are creating a major threat to the survival of bats species. Many countries like the United States and Indonesia have built huge national parks for the conservation of the bat's species.
As per researchers across the globe, bats play a very important role in our biological system by supporting many plants to grow and survive, therefore it’s the responsibility of humans to protect and preserve the habitat of endangered species like bats.