Since centuries women are suppressed and oppressed by the male members of the society. As India is a patriarchal society, the dominance of males is still prevailing leaving women aside with no importance of her decision in any kind of matter or issue.
They are bound within the four walls of the house with household duties like taking care of family members and doing household works with obeying their elders and saying yes to all kind of work.
There are barriers to women empowerment which needs to be addressed, though the current situation has become better for growth and development of women but still it needs to be improved further.
Ten Lines on Barriers to Women Empowerment in India in English
We have provided ten lines on barriers to women empowerment in India. After reading these lines you will know that what women empowerment means, what was the condition of women in India in olden times, what are the barriers of women empowerment, what is expected with women in a family, what are the insecurities related to women outside, what is the present situation of women etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will also help while writing women empowerment speech, few lines on women empowerment barriers, essay on women empowerment barriers, few sentences on barriers to women empowerment etc.
Barriers to Women Empowerment in India – 1
1) Women empowerment means giving respect and place to the women in the society.
2) For centuries women were suppressed, ill-treated and oppressed in patriarchal society.
3) The rules and norms of patriarchal society don’t provide women freedom of thoughts or ideas.
4) There are numerous barriers to women empowerment which makes women bound within the four walls of house.
5) One of the barriers is general mindset that women are made for household chores only.
6) Another barrier for women is making them realize that they are less capable compared to men.
7) It is also assumed that if women go outside then they are not good for family.
8) Another barrier is the safety issues as people feel insecure when women go outside.
9) Nowadays women are breaking the boundaries of houses and are proving themselves in all the fields.
10) They are becoming helping hands for men inside as well as outside the house and working equally as their men counterparts.
We have provided another set of ten lines on barriers to women empowerment in India. After going through these lines, you will know that how Indian society looks, what customs have made women backward, what is female foeticide, what are issues which women are facing, how women are doing good in their life, how women are contributing etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on barriers to women empowerment in India and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
Barriers to the Women Empowerment in India – 2
1) If we talk about Indian society then it is patriarchal which has suppressed and oppressed women since centuries.
2) The culture and tradition of society doesn’t permit a woman to become free from the whims and wishes of men.
3) The customs and traditions of India expect women to do household duties and be responsible towards their family.
4) Female foeticide, where a girl child is killed before its birth inside her mother’s womb is also a major barrier to women empowerment.
5) Another barrier to women empowerment is family responsibilities where women’s duty is to care every person in the family.
6) Sometimes these barriers cross the extent and take the form of domestic violence where women are beaten up and even burnt to death.
7) People also show concern about the safety and security of women and due to this they don’t want to send women outside.
8) Now the scenario has changed with the modern-day world where women are also going outside to prove themselves.
9) Women are performing better in each and every field and now they are not on the mercy as well as wishes of men.
10) Nowadays, males and societies are also coordinating women equally so that they can contribute to the nation in an efficient way.
We know that there are various issues which are creating hindrances to the growth and development of women in India. But nowadays, people, especially the males and the societies understand the importance of women empowerment and they are encouraging women to go outside and prove their worth. Women have become the helping hands of the men and they together with men are running their family.