Azim Hashem Premji was born on 24th July, 1945, in Mumbai, India, in a Nizari Ismaili Shia Muslim family. His father, Mohamed Hashem Premji was a famous businessman. He established the Western Indian Vegetable Products Ltd., a company dealing in vegetable products and refined oils. One of its most famous products was “Vanaspati”. In 1947 British India was partitioned into India and Pakistan, and Jinnah invited the senior Premji to come to Pakistan. He denied.
Azim Premji took control of his father’s business in 1966 at the age of 21 years which dealt in hydrogenated oil manufacturing.
The company started to produce new products like bakery fats, toiletries, light bulbs, hair care products, and hydraulic cylinders.
After a ban on IBM by Indian Govt., he shifted his business in the field of computers and renamed it “Wipro” in 1977. The company hired talented person and became one of the top computer companies.
Ten Lines on Azim Premji in English
In the following set of 10 lines we will know about the life, career, and achievements of an entrepreneur businessman Azim Premji. We will also discuss in brief about his success in computer field. This will prove to be useful for the readers to take inspiration, and children of secondary level to complete their assignments in school curriculum.
10 Lines on Azim Premji - Set 1
1) Azim Premji is an Indian entrepreneur who serves as the chairman of Wipro Limited since 40 years. He is the chairman of the company and has emerged as a world leader in the software industry.
2) Premji had become one of the world’s wealthiest people in the 21st century.
3) His father, a renowned businessman established Western Indian Vegetable Products Ltd., which produced vegetable oil, soon after the birth of Azim Premji.
4) Premji renamed the company Wipro in 1977, and in 1979, when the Indian government banned IBM; he began to shift the company toward the computer business.
5) By considerable increases in technology stocks, Wipro’s value shot up in the late 1990s, and Premji became one of the richest entrepreneurs in the world.
6) Besides his vast personal assets, Premji is well-known for his modesty, lack of prodigality, and charity and in 2001 he established the Azim Premji Foundation, through which he aimed to improve the quality of elementary education in rural areas throughout India.
7) Azim Premji accumulated several honorary degrees and he was honoured with an honorary doctorate by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education in the year 2000 and was awarded an honorary doctorate from Wesleyan University.
8) He founded the Azim Premji Foundation, in 2001. Through this foundation he aims to contribute towards achieving quality computer aided education for all in rural India.
9) The foundation had introduced computer-aided education to more than 16,000 schools in rural areas, with child-friendly content available in local languages.
10) In 2005, he was awarded with the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India for his outstanding work in trade and commerce and later on, he was awarded with the Padma Vibhushan, the second highest civilian award by the Government of India, in 2011.
Here we are going to put forward ten very simple lines on the life of a successful Indian Azim Premji for the benefit of school going kids of primary level. These lines will help them to complete their projects, writing essays and short paragraphs, delivering morning speeches, and many other ways. These simple lines are easy to remember and become very useful in their academic life.
10 Lines on Azim Premji - Set 2
1) The full name of Azim Premji is Azim Hashem Premji.
2) He is a popular and successful businessman and benevolent person.
3) His father’s name was Mohamed Hashem Premji, who was the proprietor of Western Indian Vegetable Products Ltd., who manufactured vegetable oils.
4) He was sent to England to pursue engineering but can’t complete the course because of his father’s death.
5) He returned India and shifted his ancestral business into the field of computer.
6) He is married to Yasmeen, and has two children: Rishad and Tariq.
7) Azim Premji and his company Wipro have a net worth of 17.1 billion US Dollar as on August 2015 review.
8) He established Azim Premji Foundation in 2001, a charitable trust, who was engaged in basic computer education in India.
9) He has been awarded with the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India for his outstanding work in trade and commerce.
10) He is also a recipient of the Padma Vibhushan, the second highest civilian award by the Government of India, in 2011.
He became the first Indian to sign up for The Giving Pledge, a campaign led by Warren Buffett and Bill Gates, to encourage the wealthiest people to make a commitment to donate most of their wealth for charitable purposes. He appealed to the world in his words, "I strongly believe that those of us, who are privileged to have wealth, should contribute significantly to try and create a better world for the millions who are far less privileged".