India has been the land of fighting warriors for many years or even centuries. These warriors have made proud their nation many times with their bloods and sacrifices. The Gallantry awards are made to recognize their sacrifice and pay them respect, even after their martyrdom. Ashok Chakra is one of such gallantry awards.
Ten Lines on Ashok Chakra Award in English
Here we are giving you a set of 10 points based on Ashok Chakra Award. This set is meant to provide you some basic and important information regarding the topic.
The topic is very important and is created keeping in mind the students of lower classes as well as upper classes.
So we have tried to keep the language easy and adaptable. So read all the points and understand them very well.
10 Lines on Ashok Chakra - Set 1
1) The Ashok Chakra Award was instituted on 4th January 1952.
2) It is the highest ranking peace time gallantry award in India.
3) The first Ashok Chakra was awarded in 1952.
4) It is awarded for bravery and fearlessness at the face of enemy in war time or peace time.
5) Ashok Chakra can be awarded to Army personal as well as Civilian Personal too.
6) The Ashok Chakra medal is made up of gilded gold and is circular in shape.
7) The medal is supported by a green ribbon which has a thin orange line in the middle dividing the ribbon vertically in two equal parts.
8) The award has also provision of presenting awardees posthumously.
9) The Ashok Chakra is presented every year by The President of India.
10) With the medal, the recipient is also provided some monthly cash allowance.
We are providing one more set of 10 points on Ashok Chakra Award. These are the addition of some more information to help you in your projects. You can use these lines in your essays to make them more descriptive. We have tried to keep the language of basic level.
10 Lines on Ashok Chakra - Set 2
1) The Ashok Chakra has been awarded to 83 people till now (2019).
2) All the ranks serving in Indian Armed Forces, Reserve Forces or Territorial Army are eligible to be awarded Ashok Chakra, irrespective of their gender.
3) The front side of the medal bears an Ashok Chakra in the middle with some beautiful decoration all around it.
4) The other side of the medal has the word ‘Ashok Chakra’ written in English as well as in Devanagari script in the circular form.
5) The Ashok Chakra was initially called Class 1 award for being the highest peace time military award.
6) The first person to be awarded with Ashok Chakra was Lieutenant Suhas Biswas of Indian Air-Force.
7) It has more posthumous recipient as 58 of its awardees are posthumous.
8) It is equivalent to the War-Time Gallantry Award Param Vir Chakra.
9) The medal of the Ashok Chakra is worn on the left shoulder.
10) The President of India has the right to cancel the award if he feels so.
Military Awards are classified in two categories viz. Wartime Military Awards and Peacetime Military Awards. Ashok Chakra is a peacetime Military Award. It is equivalent to Wartime Military Award ‘Param Vir Chakra’. Since it is the highest ranking Peacetime Military Award so being recognized with it is a feel of immense glory and courage. I wish this award keep decorating the Indian Warriors many years like now.