The proverb “all that glitters is not gold’’ implies that everything whether living or non-living things in this world that looks good may not actually be all that good. The concept of the proverb is applied on the human beings to caution them against the looks and behaviour of an individual. A person may appear extremely warm and friendly in nature initially but that may not be the case in reality.
Looks and behavior can be deceiving in nature. Here looks are related to the inner and outer appearance of a person which can be either good or bad. This proverb symbolizes that whatever looks beautiful from the outside does not necessarily mean that it is also good from within. The outer quality refers to the beauty and good looks of a person and inner quality relates to the behavior, manners, nature, and attitude of that person.
Ten Lines on All that Glitters is not Gold in English
We have provided 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on All that Glitters is not Gold in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exams as well as in the school competitions. It can also be used during debate competition, speech narration or to write some lies on this topic, etc.
10 Lines on All that Glitters is not Gold
1) ‘All that glitters is not gold’ is a popular phrase.
2) It means that everything that shines is not precious.
3) The things that appear attractive in appearance cannot be the same in reality.
4) We should not judge things by seeing them from outside.
5) Many people who appear good from outside are not really good from inside.
6) People by their false nature try to deceive others.
7) It is necessary to be sensible before making decisions.
8) Many shiny things turn out to be of no purpose in reality.
9) The act of making a decision on looks is foolish.
10) The people who judge the inner beauty of a person are always happy.
10 Lines and Sentences on All that Glitters is not Gold
1) ‘All that glitters is not gold’ is a phrase that instils awareness in us.
2) Gold is a pure metal that has a glorious shine.
3) Every metal that shines like gold cannot be gold in reality.
4) Many people also try to cheat others by their false nature.
5) We must properly analyze people or things before making a decision.
6) People can wear the mask of goodness to fulfil their desire.
7) When we make decisions without going into reality we will suffer later.
8) Many rich people seem to have a very happy life from outside.
9) It shall not be true because wealth cannot provide happiness.
10) We must be judicious so that we shall not have to regret in the future.
5 Lines on All that Glitters is not Gold
1) It means we should not judge anything by its appearance.
2) Things that look good may not be valuable.
3) This proverb can be applied to anything.
4) It says that we should make decisions wisely.
5) Outer looks cannot predict the nature of any person.
20 Lines on All that Glitters is not Gold
1) All that glitters is not gold means anything as it looks doesn’t appear like that in real.
2) ‘All that glitters is not gold’ proverb can be related to any person, place or anything.
3) In today’s time, looks and nature can be attractive but in reality they are not always true.
4) Things which look good from outside may not appear to be good from inside.
5) It is almost impossible to know about the inner truth of an individual from outside.
6) A man may pretend to be very noble from outside but from inside he could be just opposite.
7) People want to look attractive from outside but are not serious about their inner ugliness.
8) People have the tendency of bothering about their outer beauty but not the inner one.
9) A smart person is he who examines both outer as well as inner quality of a person.
10) People who observe a person both from inside and outside could be hardly cheated.
11) ‘All that glitters is not gold’ is a proverb which aptly fits on many cases especially on the human beings.
12) ‘All that glitters is not gold’ proverb implies that we might see attractive things and objects in market but their features can be of poor quality.
13) According to the proverb, we should not go by the physical appearance of person when it comes to judging his/her personality traits.
14) People will look attractive by wearing fashionable clothes with best make up but from inside they might be very ugly.
15) It can be said by quoting an example of few people as they look glamourous but they behave very badly with others.
16) In present time, the world has become a place for artificial beauty, fashion and glamour and there is no importance given to inner beauty.
17) In order to trust a person we should always build bond and take time before we come to any conclusion.
18) In entertainment and fashion industry, everybody runs behind glamour and beauty of a person but no one wants to know about their life struggles.
19) A person is considered to be wise if he/she doesn’t run behind the glamour and outer beauty but gives importance to inner purity of heart.
20) Wise person will try to judge an individual basis his/her inner beauty or purity not by the outer appearance of the person.
All that glitters is not gold gives the message that one should not run behind the outer appearance and beauty of a body but he should also give importance to the inner quality. The proverb sketches the clear view of our heart and mind, as our heart is very emotional, it always gets floated on the appearance and outer looks of a person but our brain is rational and logical, it tells the person to judge his innermost behavior and quality.