The proverb “all that glitters is not gold’’ implies that everything whether living or non-living things in this world that looks good may not actually be all that good. The concept of the proverb is applied on the human beings to caution them against the looks and behaviour of an individual. A person may appear extremely warm and friendly in nature initially but that may not be the case in reality.
Looks and behaviour can be deceiving in nature. Here looks are related to inner and outer appearance of a person which can be either good or bad.
This proverb symbolizes that whatever looks beautiful from outside does not necessarily mean that it is also good from within.
The outer quality refers to the beauty and good looks of a person and inner quality relates to the behaviour, manners, nature, and attitude of that person.
Ten Lines on All that Glitters is not Gold in English
We have provided ten lines on the proverb ‘all that glitters is not gold’. After reading these lines you will know that what all that glitters is not gold means, what does this proverb signifies in today’s time, what people appreciate most, what people ignore about a person, how a smart person judges and reacts after meeting a person etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. These lines can also be used while writing all that glitters is not gold essay, few sentences on all that glitters is not gold or speech on the topic.
10 Lines on All that Glitters is not Gold – Set 1
1) All that glitters is not gold means anything as it looks doesn’t appear like that in real.
2) ‘All that glitters is not gold’ proverb can be related to any person, place or anything.
3) In today’s time, looks and nature can be attractive but in reality they are not always true.
4) Things which look good from outside may not appear to be good from inside.
5) It is almost impossible to know about the inner truth of an individual from outside.
6) A man may pretend to be very noble from outside but from inside he could be just opposite.
7) People want to look attractive from outside but are not serious about their inner ugliness.
8) People have the tendency of bothering about their outer beauty but not the inner one.
9) A smart person is he who examines both outer as well as inner quality of a person.
10) People who observe a person both from inside and outside could be hardly cheated.
We have provided another set of ten lines on all that glitters is not gold. After going through these lines, you will know that on whom all that glitters is not gold proverb suits best, what does this proverb implies, what are the example which justify this proverb, how a wise person takes his decision, what quality a wise person seeks etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on the topic and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on All that Glitters is not Gold – Set 2
1) ‘All that glitters is not gold’ is a proverb which aptly fits on many cases especially on the human beings.
2) ‘All that glitters is not gold’ proverb implies that we might see attractive things and objects in market but their features can be of poor quality.
3) According to the proverb, we should not go by the physical appearance of person when it comes to judging his/her personality traits.
4) People will look attractive by wearing fashionable clothes with best make up but from inside they might be very ugly.
5) It can be said by quoting an example of few people as they look glamourous but they behave very badly with others.
6) In present time, the world has become a place for artificial beauty, fashion and glamour and there is no importance given to inner beauty.
7) In order to trust a person we should always build bond and take time before we come to any conclusion.
8) In entertainment and fashion industry, everybody runs behind glamour and beauty of a person but no one wants to know about their life struggles.
9) A person is considered to be wise if he/she doesn’t run behind the glamour and outer beauty but gives importance to inner purity of heart.
10) Wise person will try to judge an individual basis his/her inner beauty or purity not by the outer appearance of the person.
All that glitters is not gold gives the message that one should not run behind the outer appearance and beauty of a body but he should also give importance to the inner quality. The proverb sketches the clear view of our heart and mind, as our heart is very emotional, it always gets floated on the appearance and outer looks of a person but our brain is rational and logical, it tells the person to judge his inner most behaviour and quality.