The president of the United States holds the most power. While gaining the highest power, he also has the highest responsibilities. Abraham Lincoln was a person to manage all those responsibilities well. It is time to read about him through our sets of 10 lines on Abraham Lincoln below.
Ten Lines on Abraham Lincoln
Set – 1
1) The 16th president of the United States was Abraham Lincoln.
2) He had born on 12 February 1809 in Kentucky, United States.
3) He had an interest in reading and completed most of his education through self-study.
4) On 4 November 1842, he married Mary Todd Lincoln.
5) He was blessed with four children Robert, Edward, Willie, and Tad.
6) Lincoln joined politics in the year 1832.
7) On 4 March 1861, he held the office of the president of the United States.
8) He was assassinated on 14 April 1865.
9) He was shot in the forehead by John Wilkes Booth.
10) The US currency displays the image of its 16th president.
Set – 2
1) Lincoln had lost his mother when he was only 9 years old.
2) Abraham Lincoln later became a lawyer in the United States.
3) Before becoming the president of the US, he was a member of the Illinois House of Representatives.
4) He was also a member of the U.S. House of Representatives on 4 March 1847.
5) Before joining politics, he had worked as the postmaster and also had managed store.
6) He had joined the politics from the Republican Party.
7) During the American Civil War, he had led the United States.
8) When he was shot dead, he was enjoying a performance in Ford Theatre in Washington.
9) He has the honour to be the first black Republican to become the President of the United States.
10) Lincoln had chosen the democratic system to run the economy of the United States.
Set – 3
1) Abraham Lincoln is regarded as the 16th president of the United States.
2) He was the President of the United States for a period of 5 years.
3) He was leading the nation during the civil war in the United States.
4) It was a critical period for the entire nation.
5) The civil war was continued for the duration of four years.
6) It resulted in the destruction and the loss of the lives of more than 6 lakhs Americans.
7) Abraham Lincoln was capable of providing freedom to people suffering from slavery.
8) He was successful in protecting the Union during the civil war.
9) He was also in the support of the federal government in the United States.
10) These deeds made him the most appreciated president of America.
Set – 4
1) Abraham Lincoln is stated among the great personalities of America.
2) He was born in the year 1809 on 12th February.
3) He was in second place among his three siblings.
4) Kentucky in the United States was the birthplace of Abraham Lincoln.
5) Abraham Lincoln was born and raised in poverty.
6) He loved reading books instead of working on farms.
7) His mother died of milk sickness when he of only 9 years.
8) He attained his childhood education mainly by self-reading.
9) He tied a knot with Marry Todd on 4th November 1842.
10) Abraham Lincoln took his last breath on 15th April 1865 after being assassinated.
Abraham Lincoln was such a president of the United States who worked uniting the people. Honesty and dutifulness are what make him a genuine person. He helped the government in removing many social evils from society like slavery and others. He has blessed the United States with his service.