World Book Day is celebrated every year on 23rd April to raise public awareness about the importance of availing the books and educational resources to the underprivileged section of the society. It also helps to value the importance of books in the world of technological developments. It inspires millions of people around the world to share the ideas and take some concrete action against the difference in society in terms of availing educational resources to poor people.
Ten Lines on World Book Day
1) World Book Day is celebrated every year on 23rd April to increase the public awareness towards reading, publishing and copyright.
2) World Book Day highlights the importance of books in our life which have primarily been freedom of expression for humans around the world.
3) World Book Day which is celebrated in more than 100 countries worldwide was founded by UNESCO in 1995.
4) Every year authors, illustrators jointly hold various events for garnering support to encourage reading among common public.
5) World Book Day celebration also serves as a tribute to famous books and authors around the globe.
6) The celebration also inspires millions of NGOs to promote education among people from underprivileged society with support of UNESCO.
7) Every year the World Book Day is celebrated around the globe with a theme in order to focus attention of public about reading more books.
8) World Book Day 2019 theme is “Share a Story”.
9) The celebration gives the opportunity to youth to read the biography of famous personalities who helped in upliftment of humanity.
10) Nations around the globe organize various events like lectures, discussions, seminars, exhibitions to celebrate World Book Day.
1) Book exhibitions, dramas, workshops, interviews, talk shows on radio and television are being organized at international level on World Book Day.
2) Schools organize various competitions like design, essay writing, quiz and storytelling competition on the occasion of World Book Day.
3) United Nation along with the state members organizes campaigns through print and electronic media for promoting reading habit among people.
4) World Book Day focuses on work and contribution of famous authors, publishers, distributors through campaigns.
5) On World Book Day, as a part of celebration in schools the children take part in fancy dress competition by dressing up as their favourite story characters.
6) World Book Day celebration motivates people to discover new ideas and increase their knowledge by reading wide range of books.
7) The day stresses on importance of books which are depositaries of cultures, tool for dialogue and source of wealth for many.
8) Campaigns are organized by NGOs to collect money for funding the projects which send over millions of books to people who are poor.
9) World Book Day provides platform to achieve the UN’s universal goal of ‘right to education for all’.
10) The students, teachers, authors, publishers, distributors, academicians etc participate in the event being organized at various places in India to celebrate World Book Day.
World Book Day is celebrated every year to create awareness among the public about the importance of reading books in daily life. The celebration ensures that every individual on the planet irrespective of class and community has access to books and education so as to improve and enrich the quality of life.
World Book Day celebration is perfect outreach to the millions of people worldwide who don’t have access to books even at the primary level. The government, civil communities, and NGOs should work in collaboration in order to ensure the universal access of books to all without any discrimination as books have the power to transform the lives.