Water is one of the vital resources for the sustenance of life on this planet. Only 1% of water on earth is suitable for drinking but increasing water pollution is diminishing the sources of fresh and clean water. The increasing water pollution is also posing a threat to the aquatic animals and a global threat to our ecosystem.
Ten Lines on Water Pollution in English
The water pollution is a vast topic to cover on but we have tried to summarize it in below 10 points to make you understand the cause and effects of water pollution:
10 Lines on Water Pollution – 1
- The contamination of water resources leads to water pollution.
- Direct disposal of industrial waste into the rivers makes the river water toxic.
- House hold drainage contains serious pathogens which might spread epidemics when disposed in rivers.
- Heavy metals like Arsenic present in the rocks and soil make the water contaminated and lead to ground water poisoning.
- The fertilizers and pesticides used in agricultural activities can also affect surface as well as the ground water.
- The Oil Spill process releases a huge amount of crude petroleum in sea affecting marine ecosystem.
- Water pollution can cause many serious diseases like cholera, typhoid, dysentery and even poisoning.
- According to a WHO report around 842000 deaths occur every year due to the water borne diseases.
- There should be a proper waste disposal system if we want to fight water pollution.
- Avoiding wastage of water and keeping our surrounding clean could help us keep the water clean and safe.
10 Lines on Water Pollution – 2
- Introduction of impurities and toxic chemicals into water causes Water Pollution.
- Industrial and human waste disposal is the prime cause of the water pollution.
- The littering of plastic in the lakes and rivers has made the river water dirty and toxic.
- The religious rituals and dead body remains have highly polluted our holy rivers.
- The increase in water pollution has not only affected humans but also a cause of extinction for many marine species.
- The high amount of mercury in river water adversely affects the hormonal changes of the marine species leading to major shifts in their behavior.
- The increasing chemical content in the river water is absorbed by the aquatic animals hampering the overall food chain.
- The water from the rivers is sometimes also used for irrigation purpose thus contaminating agricultural produce.
- Government should take drastic steps to restrict the direct disposal of waste into the rivers or seas.
- The quality of drinking water should be checked on timely basis to avoid spread of epidemics.
If the water pollution is not controlled and our lake and rivers are not cleaned then it’s obvious that third world war will be fought for water. We have to avoid these circumstances before it leads to some unfortunate incidents. We as an individual and as a youth can do a lot to control water pollution and spread awareness about it. Our smaller steps taken today can make huge difference in near future.