India has provided legends in every sport including Cricket, Hockey, Wrestling and Chess, etc. If we talk about Chess then the first name that comes in our mind is ‘Vishwanathan Anand’. Vishwanathan Anand is called the ‘Chess Wizard’ because of his extraordinary skill in Chess. Anand got his interest in Chess at a very early age and he says that his profound skill in this sport is only because of the initial guidance of his mother. Anand has made India proud on the International platform.
Ten Lines on Vishwanathan Anand
1) Vishwanathan Anand is a famous Indian Chess Player and winner of the World Chess Championship.
2) He was born in the Tamilnadu state of India on 11th December 1969.
3) His father Krishnamurthy Vishwanathan was the General Manager in Southern Railway and mother Sushila was a homemaker.
4) Anand went to Don Bosco Higher Secondary School for schooling and completed B.Com from Loyola College in Chennai.
5) Anand won the National Sub-junior Championship in 1983 with a score of 9/9.
6) After winning the Asian Junior Championship in 1985, he became the youngest International Master.
7) He was the first Indian to be the World Junior Chess Champion in 1987.
8) After winning ‘Shakti Finance International chess tournament’ in Coimbatore, he became the first Grandmaster of India
9) Vishwanathan Anand married to Aruna Anand in July 1996.
10) Anand has been awarded Arjun Award (1985), Padma Shri (1987) and Padma Vibhushan (2007), etc.
We have provided below the additional set of 10 lines on Vishwanathan Anand. Each point of the set is written in a very simple language to make it easy to comprehend and can be helpful for the readers in their exams, quizzes, paragraphs, articles, and essay, etc. The facts provided below are taken from various resources of information and will help you in delivering a speech on the subject. Now let’s have look on the set.
1) Vishwanathan Anand became the first Grandmaster of India in 1988.
2) Anand is the 4th player in the world to pass 2800 Elo Mark on the FIDE Rating List.
3) He has also been on the number 1 position for almost 21 months.
4) Anand has learned chess from his mother at an early age of 6.
5) Anand has won World Chess Championship five times as in 2000, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2012.
6) After winning the Fide World Chess Championship in 2000, Anand became the first Indian to win the title.
7) In April 2007, Anand was on the number 1 ranking in the FIDE Elo rating.
8) He is the winner of the Chess Oscar Award 6 times in 1997, 1998, 2003, 2004, 2007 and 2008.
9) Vishwanathan Anand is more famous as the ‘Tiger of Madras’.
10) Anand’s book “My Best Game of Chess’ was a book of the year by the British Chess Federation in 1998.
Vishwanathan Anand has brought many glorious moments for his nation. People, who know him well, call him ‘Vishy’ instead of Vishwanathan. Vishy said that he has an intense workout the day when he loses any match so that he can have a sound sleep. Whether he wins or he loses, Anand believes in doing his best and says that a true sportsman always thinks above the victory and defeat. Undoubtedly Vishwanathan Anand or Vishy Anand is proud of India.