Who wouldn’t know about Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai? He was an Indian scientist and has made significant contributions to the scientific development of India. Vikram Sarabhai, born in 1919, died in 1971 at the age of 52, but during his lifetime, he made eminent achievements and recorded his name in the history of not only India but of the whole World. He is counted among the great scientists of India and it is our duty to keep some basic information about his life and achievements of such a great personality of the country.
Ten Lines on Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai
1) Vikram Sarabhai was born on 12th August 1919 in Ahmadabad in British India.
2) He was born in a family of famous Industrialist of that time.
3) Vikram pursued his Doctorate from Cambridge University in England.
4) Apart from science, Vikram also had an interest in the industry, business, and development issues.
5) The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) at Ahmadabad is a foundation of Vikram Sarabhai.
6) The project of launching the first Indian Satellite ‘Aryabhata’ was under Vikram Sarabhai.
7) Vikram Sarabhai also founded Physical Research Laboratory in 1947.
8) He died on 30th December 1971 in Kerala.
9) He was a receiver of prestigious Padma Vibhushan in 1972 posthumously.
10) He had also been the Doctoral advisor of Great Indian Physicist, Sir C.V. Raman.
We have created another set for you. The set contains some other and important information on the topic. These additional points will help you understand the life of Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Ambalal. With some important events of his life, the set is created in easy language to meet your need. The set is useful for students of lower and upper classes, professionals and non-professionals as well. So let’s begin reading the points.
1) Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai is regarded as the father of Indian Space Programme.
2) Vikram Sarabhai studied Natural Science from Cambridge University in England.
3) His wife Mrinalini was a famous classical dancer.
4) Vikram Sarabhai was the chairman of Space Application Centre that he had founded himself.
5) The famous ‘Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre’ in Kerala is named after him and in his memory.
6) The Lander of ‘Chandrayan 2’ is named Vikram to pay him honour.
7) On the first death anniversary of Vikram Sarabhai, the Indian Postal Department issued a stamp commemorating him.
8) Vikram Sarabhai received Padma Bhushan in 1966.
9) He was guided by father of Nuclear Science in India Dr. Homi Jahangir Bhabha while setting up his first Rocket Launching Station in India.
10) He was also appointed chairman of Atomic Energy Commission of India after the death of Dr. Homi Jahangir Bhabha to carry forward his projects.
The great Dr. Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai is the founder of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). On his 100th birth anniversary that is on 12th August 2019, the ISRO has announced an award ‘Vikram Sarabhai Journalism Award in Space Science, Technology and Research’. It is a sign of huge respect for a great person. Vikram Sarabhai will always be remembered for his contributions towards the field of Space Science.