Valentine’s Day is observed across the globe to express one’s love towards their loved ones. It is celebrated on 14th February every year to mark the remembrance of great Saint Valentine who sacrificed his life on the path of spreading love among people.
The day is especially celebrated by the youths by giving flowers, gifts, greeting cards, chocolates etc to their loved ones to express their love and affection towards them.
The day is also observed as Feast of Saint Valentine in the Anglican Communion and Lutheran Church.
There are various legends around the celebration of Valentine’s Day and all mostly focus on love and sacrifice.
Ten Lines on Valentine’s Day in English
We have provided 10 lines on Valentine’s Day which will enhance your knowledge on the topic and make you aware as what is valentine’s day, what happened on valentine’s day, why do we celebrate valentine’s day, how we celebrate valentine’s day, who was Saint Valentine, what is the history of valentine’s day, what is the importance of valentine’s day etc.
These lines will help you to write article on Valentine’s Day, short history of Valentine’s Day, some beautiful lines on Valentine’s Day or few special lines on Valentine’s Day etc. You can also use these lines to write a note on Valentine’s Day, summary of Valentine’s Day or few statements about Valentine’s Day etc.
10 Lines on Valentine’s Day – Set 1
1) Valentine’s Day is celebrated on 14th February every year as a day of love and affection.
2) It is the day of expressing love and appreciation towards your loved ones.
3) The day is celebrated to commemorate the sacrifice of Saint Valentine who gave up his life on the path of spreading love.
4) Saint Valentine was the bishop of a church in Italy who used to perform weddings of soldiers which was forbidden during that time.
5) He was beheaded by the orders of the emperor for performing weddings which was considered against the law of the kingdom.
6) People started celebrating the day of his sacrifice as Valentine’s Day to commemorate the great saint.
7) Flowers play an important role during Valentine’s Day with each color depicting a special feeling and emotion.
8) Heart shaped flowers, gifts, chocolates and greeting cards are the most common ways to express love on Valentine’s Day.
9) The celebration of Valentine’s Day starts a week ahead with ‘Valentine’s Week’ with each day depicting a special event.
10) Valentine’s Day is considered as a soft breeze of love in the world of violence and hatred by spreading love and affection.
An additional set on 10 lines on Valentine’s Day is also provided which will make you understand as what is valentine’s week, when it is celebrated, what are the special days of valentine’s week, what is chocolate day, what is hug day, what is promise day, what is rose day, what is teddy day etc.
10 Lines on Valentine’s Day – Set 2
1) Valentine’s Day is the day which is especially dedicated to love and celebrated on 14th February every year.
2) The celebration starts a week ahead of Valentine’s Day from 07th February as ‘Valentine’s Week’.
3) The first day of Valentine’s Week is celebrated as Rose Day when people give roses to their loved ones as a token of love.
4) 8th February is the Propose Day when couples propose to the one they love and express their love with chocolates on Chocolate Day on 09th February.
5) Teddy Day is celebrated on 10th February when people gift teddy bears to their loved ones expressing their affection.
6) The next day is the Promise Day when couples make promises to keep their love immortal and forever.
7) Hug Day is celebrated on 12th and Kiss Day on 13th to embark the closeness in relationship and to make the bond of love last forever.
8) Valentine’s Day is celebrated across the globe with different customs and celebration but with motive of spreading love and affection.
9) Nowadays, with extreme commercialism the real meaning of Valentine’s Day seems to be lost with more focus on materialistic things than real love.
10) The real meaning of Valentine’s Day is to be respectful to our beloved ones and spreading the feeling of love and affection in the society.
Valentine’s Day is the day when one expresses his or her feeling of true love to the beloved person. The 7 days of Valentine’s Week is celebrated with great enthusiasm and spreads the feeling of love in the air. The real celebration of Valentine’s Day can only be achieved by not making it commercialized and staying away from materialistic things of life since Valentine’s Day reiterates and spreads the message that true love is selfless and immortal.