The Indian government has always been seen serious towards saving the baby girl, making her educated, and self-dependent. In the process, a scheme was launched for the welfare of the Indian girl. You can read about it through the sets of 10 lines on Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana below. You must go through them.
Ten Lines on Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Set – 1
1) Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is launched by the central government of India.
2) It was launched on the 22nd of January 2015.
3) This scheme is to encourage the parents of the girl child to save money for their future.
4) Under this scheme, the guardians of girls under the age of 10 open a saving account for their daughters.
5) There is a provision of only one saving account for a daughter.
6) A guardian can maximum have accounted for two daughters each and 3 daughters for each in case two of them are twins.
7) The guardian has to deposit the amount from Rs 1000 to Rs 150000 in a year in the account.
8) The amount will be deposited until the 14 years of the opening of the account.
9) The guardian can withdraw 50% of the saved amount after the girl attains the age of 18.
10) The account will be matured after the 21 years of the opening of the account.
Set – 2
1) Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a part of the scheme of the government ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’.
2) Under the scheme, the accounts can be opened in the post offices or any designated bank.
3) The rate of interest on saving will be around 9%.
4) In case of failure of the monthly payment, there will be a charge of Rs 50 annually.
5) The account will be free from the income tax.
6) The account holder has the facility to transfer the account free of cost.
7) The account can be opened with a minimum deposit of Rs 250.
8) 50% of the amount can be withdrawn for her higher studies when she reaches the age of 18.
9) If the girl marries before 21 years of the opening of the account, she will have to close the account.
10) For opening the account, the documents required are a birth certificate, Identity card, and residential certificate.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is for making Indian girls independent like Beti Bachao Beti Padhao and other schemes. It was a good initiative by the Prime Minister of India, which showed a widespread impact on the citizens of India. Many girls have found the base for completing their basic education and fulfilling their dream.