Science is a study of physical or natural world based on experimental data and research. Science is derived from the Latin word Scientia meaning “Knowledge”. The study of celestial bodies and occurrences is a science called “Planetary geology”. Likewise study of plants is also a science called “Botany”. Science in the respective fields has evolved through centuries of observations and researches in that particular field.
Science is a big and a vast field which cannot be bounded in a single subject with the name of science but it has different branches and fields of studies. Science studies and observes the natural and the physical world. It always has a logical approach which is based on tests, experiments and researches. The law and theories of science are always based on a practical and logical approach.
Studying science makes us logical, scientific and rational thinker about all the things around us. It helps in removing the curtains of superstition and shows the logic behind everything.
Ten Lines on Science in English
We have given below 10 lines on Science which a will help you to broaden your thinking and you will able to think in a logical and scientific way. Also you can use these lines in your essays, speeches or in preparing display board during the science week organized in your schools.
You can also share this in your morning assembly and get applause of the students and teachers. Please go through the below lines and understand the significance of science in our daily life:
10 Lines on Science - 1
1) Science is a study of physical or natural world.
2) It is based on observation, documentation and experimentation.
3) Every event has a logical scientific explanation.
4) Word “Science “is derived from Latin word “Scientia” meaning “Knowledge”.
5) Spears and needles were first scientific tools used by primitive men around 50000 years ago.
6) Study of science removed mythological superstitions.
7) Celestial science was much advanced in Babylonia during 1800 BCE.
8) Ancient Egyptians developed geometry during 1650 BCE.
9) During 600 BCE India had made considerable advancements in field of medical surgery.
10) Despite having few disadvantages like increasing laziness and unemployment in humans, science and its progress are very important for the existence of human civilization.
Given below is the second set of the 10 lines to provide you additional information so that you can include them and make your paragraph recitation, essays or speech more effective and interesting. You can use the facts provided below to put on your class notice board and receive the appreciation of your class teacher. Go through the below set of 10 lines and use them as per your convenience:
10 Lines on Science - 2
1) Science is a logical, systematic understanding of things used to enhance our knowledge.
2) The roots of Science dates back to the ancient Egyptians and Mesopotamian civilization.
3) The scientific development in the world has helped the mankind to achieve many milestones.
4) Galileo Galilee is considered as the father of Modern Science.
5) There are various branches of science and each branch has its own significance.
6) Science had made our life easier and improved our living standards through constant scientific researches and developments.
7) The advancement in the Medical Science has safeguarded the human race from many epidemics and saved it from extinction.
8) Science helps to fight superstitions and saves us from many superstitious frauds.
9) The application of scientific knowledge into practical environment is called as applied science. E.g.: Technological Inventions, Medicine and Engineering etc.
10) The applications of science are unlimited though it does have pros and cons but ultimately it is for the betterment of mankind.
We have provided third set ten lines on science in English. After reading these lines you will know that what is science, from which word science has been taken, what does science gives us, who takes science help, how the facts are proven in science, who are scientists, what scientists do, how scientists give explanation about any scientific activity etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will help you while writing short speech on science, paragraph on science, speech on science, few lines on science for class 1, class 2, class 3 and class 4.
10 Lines on Science - 3
1) Science is the action which is done to find out any fact regarding the natural world.
2) Science is derived from the Latin word “Scientia” which means knowledge.
3) Science gives accurate facts, formulas, laws and theories.
4) Science has many major fields like chemistry, physics, biology etc.
5) Science takes the help of mathematics to prove the facts and findings.
6) Another method to prove the theories is by experiments and observations.
7) In science, process of fact finding by experimentation is called as ‘Research’.
8) People who carry experiments and tests for scientific findings are called as ‘Scientists’.
9) Scientists study different things by doing several tests and experiments.
10) Scientists try to explain the reasons behind every activity with scientific proof.
We have provided fourth set of ten lines on science. After going through these lines, you will know that what is involved in science, how science reveals results, how science is studied, how science has changed human life, what scientists has done in science, what are the disadvantages of science etc.
10 Lines on Science - 4
1) Science involves extensive and detailed study of the functioning and behaviour of natural as well as the physical world.
2) Science conducts tests, researches and experiments and then it proves the facts and findings based on the result.
3) There are several branches of science and these branches are further divided into categories and sub- categories.
4) Science has changed the life of human beings as well as the world for good purpose as it has eased the workload of the people.
5) There have been several inventions and innovations which have proved to be very much helpful for the mankind.
6) Scientists across the world are still doing researches and inventions to innovate and develop new things which will be helpful for mankind.
7) Science has proved its importance in our daily life like cooking, healthcare, communication, energy sources etc.
8) However, science too has disadvantages as this has also created the things for destruction like weapons and nuclear bombs.
9) Scientists have developed atom bombs and missiles through the help of science which can destroy the world in few seconds.
10) Not only weaponry, but chemicals and toxic products like plastics have destroyed earth’s vegetation and ecosystem.
Science has proved to be very useful to the mankind. It has reduced the work stress and pressure and it has proved to be time and cost saving also. We can say that people and countries who promote studies and researches in different branches of science are proved to become developed within a small-time frame.
But there is also a bad side of science as it is also being used to produce lethal weapons and bombs which are dangerous for the mankind. Also the chemical and other toxic materials are becoming threat to the earth’s environment.
Science is everywhere and into everything, it is in the falling of apples, sprouting of plants, motion of earth, and even your simple walking has a scientific explanation. It is science that decides the direction a river will take, the length of day and night. It is in something as simple as tying of shoe laces to as complex as shooting of stars.