Cricket is the favorite sport of all age group people in almost every corner of India. We even leave our important works just to see the International matches, especially the World Cup. You must have heard about Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Cricket Stadium ever but maybe you don't have a complete idea about it. Let me tell you about it in brief through the sets of 10 lines below.
Ten Lines on Sardar Patel Stadium
Set – 1
1) Sardar Patel Stadium is in the neighborhood of Ahmadabad city of Gujarat state in India.
2) It is the World's largest cricket stadium as claimed by the authority.
3) It has the capacity of about one lakh ten thousand audiences at a time.
4) The Gujarat Cricket Association is the owner of this stadium.
5) The stadium got built-in 1982 while the first cricket match held in 1983.
6) This stadium has hosted all types of cricket tournament.
7) The stadium went for demolishing and reconstruction in 2016.
8) The renovation of the Stadium completed in February of 2020.
9) The estimated cost of the renovation is about ₹ 700 to ₹ 800 crore.
10) The reconstructed stadium will prove to set a milestone in the Cricket for the World.
Set – 2
1) The complete name of this Stadium is Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Stadium.
2) Sardar Patel Stadium has also hosted many programmes of the state government of Gujarat.
3) The initial capacity of the stadium of 49000.
4) Sardar Patel Stadium is also famous as Motera Stadium.
5) American President Donald Trump, with Indian prime minister Narendra Modi, addressed about 100000 people at Motera Stadium during the Namaste Trump event.
6) Larsen and Toubro (L & T) Company, which had constructed the 'Statue of Unity' in Gujarat, has the responsibility of renovation of this stadium.
7) Spread in about 63 acres, Sardar Patel Stadium is on the bank of River Sabarmati.
8) The stadium has all the facilities including dressing rooms, swimming pool, corporate boxes and parking capacity lot for cars and bikes.
9) The first match in this stadium between Asia 11 and World 11 will be in March 2020.
10) The Sardar Patel Stadium quips Solar Power Plant for the efficient use of energy.
BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) is very enthusiastic about the renovation of the stadium and is releasing every update regarding it through Twitter. The Motera Stadium has surpassed the World's Largest Cricket Stadium 'Melbourne Cricket Stadium' of Australia in seating capacity. Now it is time for us to see which other records this stadium breaks in the next few years.