Guru Ravidas Jayanti is the birth anniversary of Sant Ravidas who was one of the great mystic saints of the Bhakti Movement during the 14th to 15th centuries. The birth anniversary of Ravidas is celebrated on Magh Purnima, the full moon day in the month of February as per the Hindu calendar. Sant Ravidas was a famous poet, social reformer and great spiritual guru who focused to spread equality peace and harmony.
Ten Lines on Sant Ravidas Jayanti in English
We have provided 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Sant Ravidas Jayanti in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can add these lines in your essays and paragraphs writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will help you to get complete knowledge about Sant Ravidas Jayanti as well as its related topics.
10 Lines on Sant Ravidas Jayanti
1) Sant Ravidas Jayanti is celebrated on Magh Purnima, the full moon day in the month of February.
2) Sant Ravidas Jayanti is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of Guru Ravidas, the famous North Indian mystic saint.
3) Sant Ravidas Jayanti 2019 was celebrated on 19th February in India with full of zest and enthusiasm.
4) Apart from being a great saint, he was also a poet and great social reformer.
5) Sant Ravidas Jayanti is celebrated by the people of all the religions to spread the message of equality, unity, and spiritual freedom.
6) Sant Ravidas was one of the famous spiritual saints of the Bhakti movement who revolutionized Hinduism and Sikhism.
7) The Ravidas temple at Seer Govardhanpur Varanasi is nicely decorated on the occasion of Ravidas Jayanti.
8) On the occasion, devotees of Ravidas perform special aarti and Satsang at Ravidas temple.
9) Devotees take a holy dip in the river to perform rites and worship his image by putting garlands on the pictures of him.
10) Schools, educational institutes, social clubs, etc organize speeches and meetings to highlight the contribution of Sant Ravidas in the society.
10 Lines and Sentences on Sant Ravidas Jayanti
1) Sant Ravidas Jayanti celebration gives the opportunity to spread the teachings of the Ravidassia religion which was founded by Guru Ravidas.
2) Many gurudwaras perform kirtan and organize talks on the life of Sant Ravidas to spread his teachings.
3) The Nag kirtan is the main feature of the Sant Ravidas Jayanti festival.
4) People also read ‘Amritbani’ which is the holy book of Ravidassia religion on the occasion.
5) The grand feast known as ‘langar’ is also organized at various temples and gurudwaras for thousands of people.
6) All gurudwaras are decorated with special colorful lights and special prayer meetings are organized.
7) People from different religious communities conduct processions and marches on the occasion of Sant Ravidas Jayanti showing equality and unity.
8) Sant Ravidas Jayanti is celebrated as per the Hindu calendar month, the date in Gregorian calendar changes every year.
9) Sant Ravidas Jayanti is the occasion that teaches equality, unity, and brotherhood among people and to live in harmony.
10) Sant Ravidas Jayanti is observed as regional holidays in many states like Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, and Punjab.
5 Lines on Sant Ravidas Jayanti
1) It is the birth anniversary of the famous sage Ravidas.
2) According to the Hindu calendar, it falls on Magh Purnima.
3) He is known for eliminating the caste system.
4) On this day, people take bath in a holy river.
5) Special aarti is performed on Ravidas temples.
20 Lines on Sant Ravidas Jayanti
1) We celebrate Sant Ravidas Jayanti on the commemoration of the birth anniversary of Hindu Saint 'Ravidas'.
2) According to the Hindu calendar, it falls on the fool moon day (Purnima) of Magha month.
3) Bathing in the holy rivers is an important tradition for the devotees on such an auspicious occasion.
4) This day is like an annual festival for his followers.
5) Millions Of devotees reach the birthplace of Sant Ravidas on the day and attend a big program there.
6) The followers of Sant Ravidas also offer prayers in the temple.
7) Parents recite the poems of Sant Ravidas and teach their moral meanings to the younger.
8) A special Arti and possession of ‘Nagar Kirtan’ enhance the celebration.
9) The birthplace of Sant Ravidas, Seer Govardhan village, holds the grandest celebration of the event.
10) Saint Ravidas will always be in our heart for his unwavering loyalty and integrity.
11) Sant Ravidas was born in Seer Govardhanpur village near Varanasi district in Uttar Pradesh, India.
12) Some religious scriptures suggest that he had born in the year 1450.
13) Sant Ravidas Ji taught people to love each other without any discrimination.
14) On the day of Ravidas Jayanti, people sing the bhajans and couplets of Saint Ravidas Ji.
15) His mother's name was Kalsa Devi and his father's name was Sree Santokh Das Ji.
16) Devotees of Sant Ravidas worship him in the house or temple on this significant day.
17) He strongly opposed the discrimination and untouchability spread in society.
18) Sant Ravidas was the teacher of Meerabai, the supreme devotee of Lord Krishna.
19) The couplets of Sant Ravidas are mainly against the evils spread in society.
20) The life of Sant Ravidas is much inspiring for all of us.
Youths of India should never forget the teachings preached by social reformers and great spiritual saint Guru Ravidas. The celebration of Guru Ravidas Jayanti unites the hearts of people from different communities and spreads the message of peace and social harmony in society. Guru Ravidas was a social reformer whose birth anniversary acts as a source of motivation to the people who want to make the nation better in terms of peace and prosperity.