Ram Barat is an integrated function which is performed along with Ramlila. It is mainly performed in the month of October in Agra and it is one of the biggest annual events in India especially in northern part.
This tradition of Ram Barat was started approximately 125 years ago by a renowned businessman named as Lala Kokamal.
Since then the tradition of Ram Barat is carried out with full enthusiasm and it is a highly awaited function.
Every year, a locality of Agra is chosen as Janakpur and it is highly decorated with flowers and lights and whole area is renovated to construct the Janakpur Mahal in the locality.
Ten Lines on Ram Barat in English
We have provided ten lines on Ram Barat in English. After reading these lines, you will know that what is Ram Barat, where Ram Barat is celebrated, what is the meaning of Ram Barat, why Ram Barat is organised, when Ram Barat was started, how preparations of Ram Barat is done, how the locality of Ram Barat is decorated, is the locality further constructed etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will support your essays on Ram Barat as well as related topic like Ram Barat Agra, history of Ram Barat, how Ram Barat is celebrated or few lines on Ram Barat etc.
10 Lines on Ram Barat – Set 1
1) Ram Barat is celebrated in North India especially in Agra as a part of Ramlila.
2) It is an annual event which is celebrated with great zeal and zest in North India.
3) Ram Barat is a Hindi word which means marriage procession of Lord Ram.
4) Ram Barat is a recreation of marriage of Ram with Sita followed by her ‘vidai’ or farewell.
5) Ram Barat has been celebrated since centuries and considered as a part of religious event.
6) The history of celebration of Ram Barat dates long back to some 125 years ago.
7) All the preparations start many months before the date of actual ceremony of Ram Barat.
8) Every year a new locality of Agra is chosen and is decorated with flowers and lights.
9) The particular locality chosen as Ram Barat is given new looks after renovations.
10) In Ram Barat, devotees from Agra and across the country participate with great enthusiasm and devotion.
We have provided another set of ten lines on Ram Barat in English. After going through these lines, you will know that what is the importance of Ram Barat, what is the history of Ram Barat, who started Ram Barat in Agra, how Janakpur is set up in the Ram Barat festival, who constructs Janakpur palace, how Ram Barat is organised, from which place Ram Barat starts etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on Ram Barat and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Ram Barat – Set 2
1) Ram Barat is a part of Ramlila celebration which is celebrated in Agra and it is considered as one of the biggest annual celebrations of north India.
2) “Barat” is a Hindi word which means a marriage procession hence Ram Barat is known as marriage procession of Lord Ram while marrying Sita.
3) The festival of Ram Barat was first started by “Lala Kokamal”, a renowned businessman of Agra nearly 125 years ago.
4) Successive generations of Lala Kokamal are involved in organising a successful Ramlila and presently his great grandson is looking after it.
5) The preparations of Ram Barat start few months in advance with each year a locality is selected as “Janakpur”, the maternal home of Sita.
6) Carpenters and craftsmen from all over the country are invited to decorate the locality as well as to construct a replica of Janakpur palace.
7) Different types of tableaux are constructed which constitute a part of Ram Barat and artists with different roles rehearse themselves for this procession.
8) The procession of Ram Barat starts in the evening from “Mankameshwar Temple” in ‘Rawatpada’ locality of Agra dedicated to Lord Shiv.
9) Before starting the procession, various artists possessing different characters are introduced to the public and the other invited guests.
10) Ram Barat procession consists of numerous kinds of tableaux indicating social and religious causes travelling for nearly 8 to10 km for a span of 12 to 15 hours.
With the advent of organising Ram Barat during 1880, the function is changing into the festival in Agra. With the passing of time the celebration has become grander and has spread outside Agra to different parts of Uttar Pradesh as well as in India. People of Agra eagerly wait for this function and when they come to know that their locality is going to become Janakpur, their height of excitement crosses all the limits.