Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti is celebrated annually in the month of September/October with full fervour. The festival is mostly celebrated by the people who belong to Valmiki community but each and every section of society consisting of students, teachers, scholars etc also celebrate it.
The scholars of Sanskrit also celebrate this festival as Maharishi Valmiki was a great exponent of Sanskrit and written the great epic Ramayana which is still relevant.
Maharishi Valmiki is also considered contemporary to Lord Ram and met Lord Ram during his fourteen years of exile and gave shelter to Sita when she was banished by Ram.
He wrote Ramayana, one of the great epic of Hinduism which showcases the complete life of Lord Ram.
Ten Lines on Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti in English
We have provided ten lines on Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti in English. After reding these lines you will know that what is Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti, to whom this Jayanti is attributed to, when Valmiki Jayanti occurs, how Valmiki is regarded as, which epic Valmiki wrote, what was the period of Maharishi Valmiki, how Valmiki Jayanti is celebrated, who all celebrate Valmiki Jayanti etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will support your essays on Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti as well as related topics like why do we celebrate Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti, Valmiki Jayanti life introduction, story of Valmiki Rishi, speech on Valmiki Jayanti or few lines on Valmiki Jayanti etc.
10 Lines on Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti – Set 1
1) Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti is mostly celebrated by the people belonging to Valmiki community.
2) Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti is celebrated to commemorate the birth of Maharishi Valmiki.
3) The birth anniversary of Maharishi Valmiki comes in the month of September-October.
4) Maharishi Valmiki is considered as an exponent in Sanskrit literature and a literary genius.
5) Valmiki was the first ever poet of Sanskrit language who wrote the epic “Ramayana”.
6) Maharishi Valmiki lived around the same time when Lord Ram lived around 500 BC.
7) The exact date of Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti celebrations are not yet known to anybody.
8) Some historians say Valmiki Jayanti celebrations had a spiritual touch rather than festivity.
9) Valmiki Jayanti is celebrated all over India by devotees of Valmiki at Valmiki temples.
10) Every section of society gets involved in Valmiki Jayanti celebrations including women.
We have provided another set of ten lines on Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti. After going through these lines, you will know that why Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti is celebrated, when the festival of Valmiki Jayanti occurs, what is pargat divas, which epic did Valmiki wrote, with which text Valmiki’s composition is compared to, what are the legends associated with Maharishi Valmiki’s birth, what is another name of Valmiki etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti – Set 2
1) Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti is celebrated annually with much zeal and zest mostly by the people belonging to Valmiki community.
2) As per the Hindu calendar, Valmiki Jayanti is celebrated on the full moon of Ashwin month and in September/October in Gregorian calendar.
3) Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti is widely celebrated in north India and particularly in Punjab and Rajasthan where it is known as “Pargat Divas”.
4) Maharishi Valmiki is known as a notable and literary genius who composed an eternal epic “Ramayana” which is compared to Iliad’s “Homer”.
5) One legend tells that Valmiki was of the lineage of sage “Bhrigu” and was born in a Brahmin family and was named as ‘Agni Sharma’.
6) Another legend says that when Valmiki was a child, he was abducted by a childless Bhil woman who gave him the name ‘Ratnakar’ and turned him into a robber.
7) Valmiki met Lord Ram during his exile and knew about his life incidents; later Sita took shelter in Valmiki’s hermitage and gave birth to ‘Luv’ and ‘Kush’.
8) The exact period of celebrating Valmiki Jayanti is not known but it is celebrated in all parts of India by different sections of society.
9) Maharishi Valmiki is also known as “Adikavi” and an exponent of Sanskrit literature, Sanskrit scholars observe his Jayanti by reciting Ramayana.
10) There is a 1300 years old temple dedicated to Maharishi Valmiki at ‘Thiruvanmiyur’ in Chennai which shows that Valmiki had achieved god like status.
This new set of Ten Lines on Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti will provide you a lot of important information about the life of Maharishi Valmiki who had composed the famous epic Ramayana in Sanskrit. These points will also improve your knowledge about celebrating his Jayanti in India.
This set of Ten Lines on Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti will provide you the activities done by the people and his followers on this day as well it also give some knowledge about his creation.
10 Lines on Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti – Set 3
1) Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti is celebrated every year on the full moon day of Ashwin month in memory of Maharishi Valmiki.
2) Maharishi Valmiki composed the world famous epic "Ramayana" in Sanskrit language.
3) Ramayana has a total of 24000 verses and has 7 chapters which are known as Kands.
4) This book gives complete information about the civilization, living and culture of Treta Yuga.
5) Tableaux and processions are carried out from place to place by garlanding and decorating the statue of "Maharishi Valmiki".
6) People participate and become very excited to be a part of this procession.
7) Bhajans (devotional songs) of Sri Rama are sung on this occasion and devotees dance to the songs and enjoy.
8) People share congratulatory messages to each other on social media such as Facebook and WhatsApp.
9) Sweets, dishes, fruits are distributed and bhandara (open free Feast) is organized at many places.
10) Seminars are organized on the life of Maharishi Valmiki in various places.
The fourth set of Ten Lines on Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti has been provided below for the perusal of the avid readers that will emphasise the important facts about Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti. Through these points you will know that by the inspiration given by Lord Brahma he had created the biography of Lord Rama.
This set of Ten Lines on Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti will also tell you the activities done and the real message to celebrate his jubilee. These facts will also describe about his past life and rigorous rituals done to come near the God and salvation.
10 Lines on Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti – Set 4
1) Valmiki Jayanti is celebrated with great pomp on the full moon day of Ashwin month according to Hindu calendar.
2) Valmiki Jayanti day is celebrated with enthusiasm all over the country of India, but in North India, it is celebrated with great pomp and show.
3) Valmiki is said to be the great sage of Vedic period.
4) According to religious texts, Valmiki has attained the position of Maharishi after performing rigorous austerity rituals.
5) Valmiki, after getting inspiration and blessings of Lord Brahma, composed the epic Ramayana based on the life-cycle of Lord Sri Ram.
6) According to historical facts, Ramayana was composed by Valmiki in Sanskrit and was the first poetry written in the world.
7) Every year a procession is taken out at many places on the day of Valmiki Jayanti.
8) A special event of sweets, food, fruit distribution and bhandara is organized at the established statue of Valmiki and in Rama Temples.
9) On Valmiki Jayanti day, the disciples of Valmiki disseminate the Valmiki Katha (story) by organizing different programs.
10) Maharshi Valmiki's life gives inspiration to renounce bad deeds and walk on the path of shatkarma (good deeds) and devotion.
Valmiki Jayanti is celebrated with great excitement and enthusiasm. It is considered as very sacred day. On this occasion, big processions or ‘Shobha Yatra’ is carried out on the streets in order to commemorate the birth anniversary of Maharishi Valmiki. Students and scholars especially who are excelling in the field of Sanskrit also observe Valmiki Jayanti and recite Ramayana on this occasion as Maharishi Valmiki was Adikavi of Sanskrit.