Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya was a freedom fighter, a social activist, lawyer, and educationist of India who on one hand fought for the freedom of India and on the other hand to improve and impart the quality education and to convert the dream of new India of his dreams, Pandit Malviya established a big University called Banaras Hindu University in Varanasi in 1916. From this University Pandit Malviya tried to propagate a sense of nationalism among the students.
Being born in a poor family, Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya never let the poverty come in front of his path of success and determination, he did what he wanted to do.
Ten Lines on Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya
1) Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya was a freedom fighter, social activist and educationist.
2) Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya was also called by another name as “Mahamana”.
3) Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya was born on 25th December 1861 in Allahabad.
4) Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya was primarily educated in the Sanskrit Pathshalas.
5) Pandit Malviya started his career as an assistant master in govt high school in Allahabad.
6) Pandit Malviya did matriculation in 1879 from ‘Muir Central College’ Allahabad.
7) In December 1886 Pandit Malviya attended 2nd session Congress party in Calcutta.
8) After joining Congress Pandit Malviya served as president of the party four times.
9) Pandit Malviya participated in all the movements which were started by Gandhiji.
10) Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya passed away on 12th November 1946 at Varanasi.
1) Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya was an eminent freedom fighter of India; he was a social activist, an educationist, a teacher and a lawyer by profession.
2) Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya was also known as “Mahamana” which means large-hearted and this title was given by Mahatma Gandhi.
3) Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya was born in Allahabad in erstwhile Uttar Pradesh, his father was ‘Pandit Brij Nath’ and his mother was ‘Moona Devi’.
4) In his childhood, Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya was admitted to Sanskrit Pathshalas and later he was transferred to an English school.
5) Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya did his matriculation from ‘Muir central college’ in 1879 and completed his graduation from Calcutta University.
6) After completing his LL.B. in 1891, Pandit Malviya started his career as an assistant master in govt. high school, Allahabad followed by legal practice.
7) In December 1886, Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya attended the second Indian national Congress in session Calcutta; he became president of Congress for 4 times.
8) Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya became a member of the imperial legislative council from 1912 to 1926; in 1919 the council was converted to the central legislative assembly.
9) Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya is also credited for establishing Asia’s largest residential University called “Banaras Hindu University” (BHU) in 1916.
10) Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya was conferred with the highest civilian honor known as ‘Bharat Ratna’ on 24th December 2014 posthumously.
1) Mahamana Madan Mohan Malaviya was the pioneer of the Kashi Hindu University and was also the ideal man of this era.
2) Malaviyaji was unique in truth, celibacy, exercise, patriotism, and self-sacrifice.
3) Not only did he preach on all these practices, but he himself followed them.
4) Malaviyaji was born in Prayag on 25 December 1861 as the fifth child of Pt. Brajnath and Moonadevi.
5) Madan Mohan's life as a politician and freedom fighter began in Calcutta in 1886 with participation in the second session of the Indian National Congress.
6) He was elected President of the Hindu Mahasabha thrice.
7) His greatest achievement is the establishment of 'Kashi Hindu University' in 1916.
8) For the establishment of the university, he visited the whole country and collected a huge amount of donations from the native kings and the public.
9) Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya participated in the freedom movement and served the Congress for 35 years.
10) He organized the Hindustan Times in Delhi in 1924 and published a leading paper-like Vishwabandya from Lahore to give impetus to Sanatan Dharma.
1) Madan Mohan Malaviya was an Indian education scholar and politician who played a key role in the Indian independence campaign.
2) Madam Mohan Malaviya was awarded India's highest award Bharat Ratna on 24th December 2014, a day before his 153rd birth date.
3) He was a patriot who did everything possible for the independence of the country and today he is a source of inspiration for the youth.
4) The speech given by him in the second session of INC in 1886 was well received by the people present there.
5) In 1909, Madan Mohan became the President of the Indian National Congress for the first time.
6) In the 21st session of the Indian National Congress in Benares, Madan Mohan presented the idea of establishing a Hindu University.
7) He played a pivotal role in the Non-Cooperation Movement launched by Mahatma Gandhi in 1920 and opposed the Simon Commission.
8) On 30th May 1932, Madan Mohan issued a manifesto recommending focusing on the "Buy Indian / Buy Swadeshi" movement.
9) At the age of 16, Madan Mohan Malaviya was married to Kundan Devi of Mirzapur in the year 1878.
10) Madan Mohan Malaviya died on 12th November 1946 due to illness in the last years of his life.
Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya was a true nationalist, he always participated in all the movements which were launched by Mahatma Gandhi. Pandit Malviya also served as president of Indian national congress for four times. Pandit Malviya established Banaras Hindu University as a combination of tradition with modernity in the field of education and was also conferred with the highest civilian honor known as Bharat Ratna posthumously.