Although there are many relationships in life, the relationship of the mother is the most special. We all love our mother a lot. We have created some sets of 10 lines on Mother’s Day which you can read to prepare for any essay of speech on the topic. Here we go.
Ten Lines on Mother’s Day in English
Children and students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 can find here 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Mother’s Day in very easy and simple language to get some help in their studies.
10 Lines on Mother’s Day
1) Mother’s Day is a day to show love and respect to our Mothers.
2) Mother’s Day originated in the United States in 1908.
3) All US States observed Mother’s Day as a holiday in 1911.
4) In 1914, Woodrow Wilson, the president of the United States, declared Mother’s Day held on second Sunday of May as a National holiday.
5) Different countries of the world celebrate Mother’s day on different dates.
6) In Nepal, the day has religious significance known as Mam Ya khwa Swayegu, which means “To look upon Mother’s face”.
7) In India, Mother’s day is an occasion free from religious boundaries.
8) People give gifts to their mothers or take her to dinner or a movie on the day.
9) The day commemorates the spirit of Motherhood.
10) The retail industry has commercialized it into a billion-dollar market.
10 Lines and Sentences on Mother’s Day
1) Mother’s Day is a celebration of honouring Motherhood.
2) It is a Thanksgiving Day to our mothers for their nonstop efforts towards her family.
3) Mother’s Day teaches us to respect and obey our mother.
4) Most of the countries in the world celebrate it.
5) Mainly the second Sunday of May is the celebration of the events in those countries.
6) Mother’s Day is about doing something that can make your mother feel proud of you.
7) On this day people give cards, gifts, flowers etc. to their mother.
8) According to Hallmark, people send more than 160 million greeting cards to their mother on every Mother’s Day.
9) Recently there had been too much of commercialization of this day which Anna Jarvis was against.
10) Mothers only need respect and care, and that is the real meaning of Mother’s Day celebration.
5 Lines on Mother’s Day
1) Mother’s day is celebrated annually on 8th of May.
2) Mother’s day is celebrated in India on second Sunday of May every year.
3) We should celebrate mother’s day and show our affection to our mothers.
4) Mother’s day represents the essence of motherhood.
5) We should all be grateful to our mothers for their contribution.
20 Lines on Mother’s Day
1) Mother’s Day is the most important festival for those who love their mother.
2) On mother’s day, we can learn from our mother the true meaning of unconditional love.
3) The celebration of mother’s day in every country shows the importance of mother in the whole world.
4) France and Sweden celebrate Mother’s Day on the last Sunday of May.
5) The people in Mexico celebrate Mother’s Day on 10 May.
6) Thailand celebrates the birthday of its queen as Mother’s Day on 12th August.
7) The United Kingdom celebrates Mother’s Day as Mothering Day on Sunday three weeks before Easter.
8) Though the dates differ in countries, the excitement of celebration remains the same everywhere.
9) People make their mother feel special on occasion.
10) Mother’s Day is a chance to thank our mother and value their importance in our lives.
11) Mother’s Day is a day devoted to all mothers across the globe for their efforts, sacrifices and love.
12) The day allows us to make our mother feel special through varieties of activities and events.
13) In the UK, people visit church along with their mother and seek the blessings of God for her health and longevity.
14) In India, the Mother’s Day celebration includes giving greeting cards, flowers and gifts to mother.
15) Many schools, colleges and also some organizations held a speech or essay competition on the day.
16) France celebrates the Mother’s Day by presenting gifts to the mother along with a special cake in the shape of a flower.
17) Local shops and online marketplace offer heavy discounts on gifts items to mark the occasion.
18) Young children prepare handmade cards and gifts for their mother and also prepare special cakes on the day.
19) The social media platforms get flooded with wishes and messages along with the selfies with mother.
20) Mother’s Day is an ideal occasion to convey our regards and tributes to our mother and thank her for everything she does to us.
Your Mother is the greatest gift God has provided you. You don’t need money to show your love for her. All you need is a simple act of love and respect to show how much you care for her. Don’t limit yourself to a single day in a year, celebrate Mother’s day every day by sharing love and care with your Mother. This is the least you can do to thank her for all that she has done for you.