Madame Tussauds Museum, London is Wax Sculpture museum showcasing the worldwide famous celebrities from entertainment, sports & other recognized fields. It was founded by Marie Tussauds in the year 1836. She inherited the art of wax modeling from her mother & after the French revolution, she started modeling the sculptures of victims.
Ten Lines on Madame Tussauds
1) Founder of Madame Tussauds, Marie Tussauds was born as Marie Groshltz in 1761.
2) After settling down in Baker Street, London Marie opened a museum.
3) Chamber of Horrors was the main attraction of the museum in earlier days.
4) There was a total of 400 counts of sculptures modeled by Marie is still existing in the Museum.
5) In 1970, the 1st Overseas Branch of Madame Tussauds was opened in Amsterdam.
6) After several Ownership transfers, Madame Tussauds was sold to Private Investor on 17 July 2007.
7) Now talking about legacy and worldwide recognition, Museum is one of the major tourist attractions.
8) Recently on 1st December 2017 New Delhi, India Madame Tussauds is opened for visitors.
9) 50 Celebrities wax Sculptures are displayed in Madame Tussauds, Delhi.
10) It is usually seen that Celebrities use to pose with their sculpture in the Museum.
1) “Dark Ride”, The Spirit of London One of the wide range of animated series was opened in 1993.
2) There are some incidents like one of the Protesters tried to brush past two guards and decapitate Adolf Hitler wax sculpture.
3) In 2016 Adolf Hitler’s Wax Sculpture was removed from the Museum.
4) The Wax Models can give viewers awe for striking similarity with the in the personality.
5) It is weird that some of the murders sculpture is also featured in the museum.
6) Wax Sculpture of Marie Tussauds is also featured in the museum & she carved her own portrait in wax for 8 years.
7) Famous Marvel Superhero Hulk Sculpture is one of the tallest models in the museum.
8) It is important to mention that each of the wax modelings costs around $3,00,000.
9) It takes 4 months to complete the whole sculpture from the initial level until filling up the hairlines.
10) In earlier 2000 Madame Tussauds, New York became one of the most popular tourist spots.
The legacy of the Museum & tourism attraction for the place is getting day by higher. Not only Sculpture Artists across the world dreamed of visiting the place but common people also wish to visit the place. Now in the upcoming day, there will be more Madam Tussauds in India. Famous Indian celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan, Sachin Tendulkar, Dipika Padukone, Shahrukh Khan & other celebs wax sculptures are modeled over there.