Kiran Bedi is a renowned personality and she is especially famous as the first female IPS (Indian Police Service) officer. She had served the nation effectively for almost 35 years and took volunteer retirement in 2007. At the time of retirement, she was serving as the Director General, Bureau of Police Research and Development. She remains highly involved in Social Activities and is also famous for her deeds towards the welfare of others. She is a very important personality and we must have an idea about her life journey that is why we have created few sets of 10 lines on Kiran Bedi. Let’s have a look on them.
Ten Lines on Kiran Bedi in English
We have created a set of 10 important lines on Kiran Bedi.
The set comprises few facts about Kiran Bedi that can enhance your knowledge about the life journey of Kiran Bedi.
The given set of important points is created in easy and simple language with basic words so that the reader of any age should not face any difficulty in reading the provided points.
So read the given set and improve your knowledge.
10 Lines on Kiran Bedi – Set 1
1) Kiran Bedi was born on 9th June 1949 in Amritsar region of Punjab state in India.
2) Kiran Bedi was a part of NCC (National Cadet Corps) in her Schools.
3) She completed her Bachelors with English as a subject in 1968 from Government Collage for women in Amritsar.
4) Kiran Bedi earned the degree in Law in 1988 from Delhi University.
5) Kiran Bedi was a passionate tennis player and has also won many awards like All-India intervarsity tennis title, National Women's Lawn Tennis Championship etc.
6) She started her police training on 16th July 1972 from National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie.
7) As an IPS, she was first appointed in Delhi and then in Goa and subsequently in many other parts of India.
8) She emerged out to be a good writer and some of her writings are “Demand for Swaraj, Galti Kiski, Yeha Sambhav Hai, Empowering Women… as I see” etc.
9) Kiran Bedi was married to Brij Bedi on 9th March 1972 who himself is a prominent Tennis Player, until his death in 2016.
10) Kiran Bedi has won many awards in her life including Cadet Officer Award, President's Police Medal for Gallantry, FICCI Award of Excellence etc.
We are providing the 2nd set of 10 important points on Kiran Bedi. The main reason behind creating this set was to provide you few more important facts and information on the topic. The given few selected and important information will help the students of lower classes and upper classes to be familiar with the topic and will also help them in preparing their Essays, Speeches and other Projects. The language of the set is kept easy. So read the given set and make the best use of it.
10 Lines on Kiran Bedi – Set 2
1) Kiran Bedi had won NCC Cadet Officer Award in 1968 when she had just completed her B.A.
2) She began her career as a Lecturer in Khalsa Collage for women in Amritsar.
3) Kiran Bedi was a very brilliant Tennis Player in her childhood which took her to play tournament in 1964.
4) Starting her Police Training on 16th July 1972, Kiran Bedi became the first woman IPS Officer in India.
5) During her appointment in Tihar, she started Yoga and Vipassana meditation and also introduced literacy programmes for Prisoners.
6) A Telugu movie named “Karthavyam” is made on the biography of Kiran Bedi.
7) She was nicknamed as “Crane Bedi” because she frequently used Cranes to tow wrongly parked Vehicles.
8) She has founded ‘Navjyoti Foundation’ and ‘India Vision Foundation’ for betterment of society.
9) All over 12 books have been written by Kiran Bedi till now.
10) She has also anchored a reality show “Aap Ki Kachehri” dealing with the real life cases.
Kiran Bedi has been an effective IPS Officer and is now serving as the Lieutenant Governor of Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu appointed on 29th May 2016. She has always stepped forward to fight against corruption and remove it from India. In October 2010, she joined Arvind Kejriwal to expose CWG (Common Wealth Games) Scam and people associated in it.
Later in 2015, she joined BJP when Mr. Narendra Modi from BJP had become the Prime Minister of India. Kiran Bedi is an inspiration to the women in India and she proves that the women in India are not inferior to men and can achieve all that even the men can hardly achieve. The whole nation respects her and hopes for her services to the nation for many upcoming years.