Kalpana Chawla was such a lady that made India respected worldwide. In her honour, we have created some sets of 10 lines on Kalpana Chawla. You can find them below and read them for gaining information about her. Reading about her will fill you with charm for sure. Let’s proceed to the sets right now.
Ten Lines on Kalpana Chawla
Set – 1
1) Kalpana Chawla was an Indian-American astronaut.
2) She had born on 17 March 1962 at Karnal in Punjab, India.
3) She completed Aeronautical Engineering in 1976 from Punjab Engineering College.
4) She also had pursued a Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Colorado in 1988.
5) She joined NASA in 1988.
6) It was 19 November 1997 when she started her first space mission.
7) She got her second space mission in the year 2001.
8) It was 1 February 2003 when she died when she was on a space mission.
9) NASA has developed a supercomputer in memory of the great Kalpana Chawla.
10) She has become a pride of not only America but also India.
Set – 2
1) Though Kalpana Chawla had born in India, she had the citizenship of America.
2) She had a dream of making a career in aerospace engineering since her childhood.
3) Her first space mission was in ‘Space Shuttle Columbia’.
4) In her second flight ‘STS-07’, she was a member of 7 crews of the flight.
5) In 1983, she married John Pierre Harrison, a flight instructor.
6) She spent about 31 days, 14 hours, 54 minutes in space.
7) In the United States, there is a street named after Kalpana Chawla.
8) The University of Colorado started an award in 1983 in the honour of Kalpana.
9) The Columbia disaster that took her life became a very famous incident in the world.
10) Her space shuttle had broken in the earth’s atmosphere while returning from a second space mission.
Set – 3
1) Kalpana Chawla was first Indian born spacewomen.
2) She was born on the 17th of March in Karnal of Haryana.
3) She left India in 1982 and attained citizenship of the United States of America in 1990.
4) She had a great passion for airplanes and space since her childhood.
5) The fascination for aircraft made her to choose Aeronautical Engineering.
6) She attained her graduation degree from Punjab Engineering College.
7) She completed her Post-graduation in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Texas in 1984.
8) NASA Ames Research Centre was her initial workplace after she completed her PhD in 1988.
9) Her space carrier was of 31 days, 14 hours, 54 minutes.
10) Her death in a space shuttle disaster on 1 February 2003 was a great demise.
Set – 4
1) Kalpana Chawla an Indian origin American astronaut is the pride of India.
2) Her career initiation started from working in NASA Ames Research Center.
3) She was selected as a member of the NASA Astronaut Corps in 1994.
4) Space Shuttle Columbia Flight STS-87 in 1997 was her first space mission.
5) “You are just your intelligence” was uttered by Kalpana Chawla when she was flying in her first space mission.
6) She had been a part of the STS-87 and STS-107 mission in her short space career.
7) She tied a knot with Jean-Pierre Harrison.
8) There are different awards and recognition conferred posthumously in honour of Kalpana Chawla.
9) The first satellite of the MetSat-1 series launched by India is named Kalpana-1 in her honour.
10) Kalpana Chawla’s ambitious nature, hard work, and leadership qualities make her an exemplar for youth.
Though she had got a very short career, she got much fame and shocked the world with her talent and intelligence. The girls of that time and also of now take much inspiration from her. She made the world think that girls not inferior to boys in any matter. The World will always remember her.