Kailash Satyarthi is at the forefront of the campaign for children's rights. He is well-known for his social activities related to the exploitation of children.
Children are the most vulnerable part of our country. They contribute much to the country’s population. Taking care of them and setting a peaceful environment is the responsibility of every citizen. However, due to various reasons, their situation was getting worse day by day. But there are some people who came forward and fought for the rights of children. One of them is Kailash Satyarthi. Let’s discuss his contribution and work in brief.
Ten Lines on Kailash Satyarthi in English
Here, I’m presenting ten lines on Kailash Satyarthi in the form of sets. This topic will be useful for everyone to know about him and his work.
1) It was 11 January 1954, when Kailash Satyarthi was born in Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh, India.
2) Kailash is a well-known Indian social activist and reformer.
3) He is popularly known for his campaign in India against child labor.
4) He was honored with the Nobel Peace Prize in 2014 for children’s right to education.
5) He was the founder of Bachpan Bachao Andolan, founded in 1980.
6) Through his Bachpan Bachao Andolan, he successfully liberated 86,000 children from child labor and trafficking.
7) In 1998, an 80,000 km long march “Global March against Child Labor” covering 103 countries was led by Kailash Satyarthi.
8) He demanded laws against child trafficking and sexual abuse for which he led Bharat Yatra in India, a 19,000 km march in 35 days.
9) In 2015, he was featured in the list of “World’s Greatest Leader” in Fortune magazine.
10) He is also appointed as an advocate of Sustainable Development Goals by the United Nations on 17 September 2021.
1) He was an electrical engineer by profession which he left and was involved in social work.
2) He is also listed in the Power Profiles list of LinkedIn in 2017 and 2018.
3) He is responsible for conducting the largest social movement for exploited children.
4) He is part of many social activities including Global Campaign for Education, Bachpan Bachao Andolan, Global March against Child Labor, etc.
5) Kailash Satyarthi is registered as the first Indian born Nobel prize winner.
6) Kailash Satyarthi was married to Sumedha Satyarthi and has one daughter and one son.
7) He was honored with many awards including the Defenders of Democracy Award, Medal of the Italian Senate, Alfonso Comin International Award, Aachenar International peace prize, etc.
8) He aims to remove child labor, trafficking, illegal organ transplant, exploitation of a child, etc from the world.
9) He continued to work against child slaves despite many death threats.
10) He is also the center of many films, documentaries, magazines, talk shows, etc.
Kailash Satyarthi worked very hard for the benefit and survival of children. He fought for their rights. He requested the constitution to make laws and policies for the welfare of children. He dedicated his life to bring smiles on the face of our young futures. His work is not limited only to India, he raised this issue on the global level. His struggle and concern for children set a good discipline for every citizen of the world.
I hope the above given ten points on Kailash Satyarthi would be helpful for you to know his contribution.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Kailash Satyarthi
Ans. His original name is Kailash Sharma.
Ans. “Every Child Matters”, “Will for Children”, “Because Words Matter”, etc are some books written by Kailash Satyarthi.
Ans. Kailash Satyarthi set many children foundations which aimed to create a safe, educated, free, and healthy environment for children.