Family planning is the need of the hour as currently India is facing the issue of burgeoning population and it has become necessary to have birth control in order to have a better living condition. Family planning refers to the process of adopting comprehensive birth control techniques which enables individual to determine the number and spacing of children with freedom of choice.
As it is very well known that natural resources are limited and population is increasing rapidly, family planning should be on the top of priority list of every citizen residing in India.
Family planning is needed on various fronts at an individual level, national level and finally at the global level to tackle menace of ever rising population.
It helps to keep a check on the growing population and also creates a healthy ecological balance.
Ten Lines on Family Planning in India in English
We have provided ten lines on family planning in India in English. After reading the below lines you would come to know what is family planning, does family planning has an effect on ever increasing population, what is the population of India, what are the different initiatives taken by the government for family planning, what are the objectives of family planning program etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will also enhance your knowledge about family planning in India. These lines will also help you while writing essay on family planning, short paragraph on family planning in India, speech on importance of family planning in India etc.
10 Lines on Family Planning in India – Set 1
1) Family planning decides the number of children a person will have in the family.
2) Although family planning is a personal choice but it’s an effective tool to control overpopulation.
3) India, with 1.3 billion people is the second most populated country in the world and needs immediate measures of family planning.
4) If the population growth rate remains like this, then India will overtake China in 2028.
5) The ever rising population of India has led the Indian lawmakers to address the issues of birth control and family planning on priority.
6) India holds the record of being the first country which started family planning.
7) The program was started in 1952 called as ‘National Family Planning Program’.
8) In the beginning, the program focused on contraceptive measures for birth control.
9) After the National Family Planning Program, focus of government was shifted to family health like nutrition, welfare of family etc.
10) Family planning should be promoted by creating awareness among the people through volunteer programs in the society.
We have provided another set of ten lines on family planning. After going through these lines, you will know that what family planning means, who all are involved in family planning, what is the importance of family planning, what steps must be taken in family planning etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on family planning in India and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Family Planning in India – Set 2
1) Family planning involves birth prevention, control, information and awareness, birth control services and birth control instruments.
2) Family planning encourages and educates men and women for the steps to control the probable birth of child.
3) After independence, ‘Population Policy Committee’ was constituted in 1952 and ‘Central Family Planning Board’ was constituted in 1956 to check the increasing population.
4) During 1960, more serious and rigorous family planning was being favoured for stabilising the increasing growth of population.
5) People in 1960 were educated about the benefits of having a small family and couples were motivated to adopt family planning methods.
6) Family planning influences different aspects of a person’s life, be it is the financial aspect or health aspect of the couples.
7) Family planning doesn’t affect family condition only but it also affects the condition of a nation as overpopulation is a major problem in India.
8) India must focus on better healthcare services for each and every citizen as it will help in birth control also.
9) Education and literacy should be stressed in a large scale as education will let the people think deeply about family planning.
10) Government must ensure that potent tools and techniques of birth control should reach to every corner of India with proper mentoring of couples.
Birth control and family planning have made a huge impact not only on the family, but also on the nation. It has empowered women who are coming ahead and are taking the important decision of having child. Women are also getting full support from their family especially from male members. Government, along with NGOs, civil society and other private companies are promoting family planning program among masses to control overpopulation in India.