A deer is an animal which lives in the jungle. It is found in different parts of Asia, Europe and North America. A deer has four long legs and a very small white tail; it has white circular patches on its skin. Some deer have white linings on their skin. A male deer has horns on its head whereas female deer has no horns on its head. Deers roam in the jungle in search of food and that’s why they become the easy prey of other wild animals like lion, tiger, fox, etc.
A deer is a mammal which means it gives birth to babies. Deer is an herbivorous animal; it eats grass, leaves, plants and other herbs of the jungle. The population of deer is decreasing throughout the world due to excessive hunting.
Ten Lines on Deer in English
We are providing ten lines on deer. After going through these lines you will know about deer in a better way like what is a deer, how a deer looks, what a deer eats, what is a male, female and young deer called, how many deers are born at a time, how many species of deer are there, what are the special features of deer etc.
These lines can be used in your paragraphs, essay, or speech on deer. This will also be very useful if you have to write 5 sentences about deer or few lines about deer or my favourite animal essay etc. You can also use these lines to write 10 lines on deer for class 1, class 2, class 3 and class 4. It could also be used for nursery kids to write few lines on deer:
10 Lines on Deer – Set 1
1) The deer is a mammal which gives birth to babies and lives in the jungle.
2) A deer has four long legs, a small white tail and white circular patches on its body.
3) Deer has hooves below its legs and it has horns on its head; it is a medium sized animal.
4) Generally male deer have horns on their head but female deer have no horns.
5) Deer produces the “Bleat” sound; it is generally produced by babies of the deer.
6) Deer is a Herbivorous animal which means it eats grass, leaves, plants, fruits and green herbs of jungle.
7) Deer roam in the jungle in search for food and in summer they eat grass, leaves and small plants and in winter they eat mushroom, twigs and small branches.
8) The male deer is known as “Stag” or “Buck” and the female one is called as “Doe” or “Hind”.
9) When a female deer gives birth to its offspring, it is called as a “Fawn” and it gives birth to 1 to 2 fawns at a time.
10) There are 60 different sub-species of the deer which is known to the world.
We are providing another set of ten lines on deer. After going through these lines, you will know as what is the population of deer in the world and in India, how a deer lives with its babies, what their group is called, what are the other facts of a deer, what is the speed of a deer, whose food a deer is and why the deer has become endangered.
You can add these lines in your speech, essay on deer or extempore in the school competitions. The facts on deer could be used for the competitive exams and quizzes also:
10 Lines on Deer – Set 2
1) There are 33.2 million deer in the world and around 10 million deers are found in India.
2) Generally, a deer lives with its babies and searches the food but to protect its babies, it hides the babies at different places.
3) Deer move in a group and it is called as a “Herd”.
4) A new born deer stands quickly and takes its first step after half an hour of its birth.
5) A deer can jump higher as well as they can also swim well.
6) The running speed of a deer varies; some species have 60 to 80 kms per hour speed but some species have the speed of 100 kms per hour.
7) A deer has an excellent hearing and smelling ability in comparison to other living beings.
8) Deer are the best and common prey of other wild animals like lion, tiger, wolf, jackal etc.
9) Excessive hunting of deer for their skin and meat has brought down their population.
10) Deer are the endangered species that’s why they are kept in the zoo in order to protect and preserve them.
We are providing here 3rd Set of 10 Lines on Deer for your information. You can easily memorize these special points and take part in your school debate competition. The lines have been written in simple English, yet they are effectively written to leave an impact.
10 Lines on Deer – Set 3
1) Deer are hoofed mammals from the family of Cervidae.
2) Deer live in varied forest conditions throughout the world from tundra to tropical rainforests.
3) Deer are herbivorous and live on grass and other plants found in forests.
4) There are nearly 43 species of deer including reindeer, swamp deer, barking deer and mouse deer etc.
5) Dears inhabit all the continents except Australia and Antarctica.
6) In some cities in United States and Canada, deer live along with human settlement.
7) In all except one species of deer, males carry antlers.
8) Both male and female species of Reindeer carry antlers.
9) Another distinguished physiological trait of deer is that they lack gall bladder.
10) Deer are highly selective eaters and only feed on young grass, herbs, foliage and fruits, etc.
Below we are providing a 4th Set of 10 Lines on Deer for your information and knowledge. The lines have been written in simple yet effective language to leave an impact on the audience and earn praise for you.
10 Lines on Deer – Set 4
1) Deer are herbivorous with large and complex digestive system.
2) Deer have highly mobile lips and an efficient yet complex teeth system to help in feeding grass.
3) Deer are selective eaters because the antlers need food rich in mineral, protein and energy.
4) Deer use antlers for protection during courtship fights.
5) Deer antlers have an ability to re grow after a fixed duration of time varying from species to species.
6) The high need for nutrients for antlers confine deer to highly productive habitats only.
7) Deer usually prefers thickest in forest to graze and also as a safe hide from predators.
8) Deer are gifted with acute sense of smell and hearing which they use for protection.
9) Deer always stay in a group with young ones in middle to save them from other predators.
10) Mouse deer also called Chevrotains are the smallest deer species found in Africa.
Deer is a very beautiful animal which lives in jungle; it is a herbivore and roams in the jungle in search of food. Deer is equally important in controlling the ecosystem of environment by eating grass, leaves, plants, weeds etc.
Deer becomes an easy prey for other wild animals of the jungle. Excessive and regular hunting by the humans for meat and skin have highly reduced their population, that’s why deers are kept in zoo, to protect and preserve them.