There have been many evil practices in our society like Sati Pratha, child marriage, child labour, triple talaq etc. Many of them have completely eradicated now like Sati Pratha and Child Marriage while some are still dwelling fearlessly and polluting the society. One of them is the Caste System which almost nobody likes. We have created some sets of 10 lines on the Caste System and will advise you to check them once.
Ten Lines on Caste System in English
Some well worded sets of 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Caste System for students of class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are given below to help them in their study , exams and school assignments. Just go through these lines and select the one of your choice:
10 Lines on Caste System
1) The origin of the word caste comes from the Spanish word “Casta” which means lineage, race or breed.
2) It is a kind of social classification of people in different groups.
3) Caste system exists in different regions, but its best example is the division of Indian society into rigid social groups.
4) It divides people, especially Hindus, into four categories based on their occupation.
5) The four main categories the caste are Brahmin, Kshatriya, Vaishya and Shudra.
6) According to Hindu mythology, these categories had originated from Lord Brahma, the Hindu god of creation.
7) These four main castes in Hinduism are further categorized into many castes and sub-castes.
8) For centuries, the caste system has governed each aspect of Hindu religious and social life.
9) Traditionally, this system showered many privileges on the upper castes but sanctioned prohibitions on the lower castes.
10) The caste system has been lasting in India for a long time leading to huge discrimination.
10 Lines and Sentences on Caste System
1) India’s caste system depends on two aspects as “jati” and “varna”.
2) “Jati” means birth; whereas “varna” means type, order, colour and class, these are the framework of castes.
3) Caste is an ascribed status that we receive from our birth.
4) The western world depends on “class”, a division of society on economic status, but in India, it is the “caste”.
5) Article 15 of the Indian constitution prohibits discrimination against caste, and article 17 abolishes untouchability.
6) Lower caste has a reservation for admission in schools, colleges and government job with a fixed percentage of quotas.
7) The caste system is a hot topic in Indian politics where different political parties consider the member of each caste as their vote bank.
8) In his famous book “Annihilation of Caste” Dr B. R. Ambedkar has criticized the caste system.
9) Since many years, caste-related violence has grown involving people of a higher and lower caste, who talk about their equality and rights.
10) “Ambedkar Jayanti” on 14th April every year is a celebration to pay tribute to Dr. Ambedkar, who struggled against the caste system.
5 Lines on Caste System
1) Caste system aroused in ancient India.
2) Brahmin, Vaishya, Shudra, and Kshatriya are the four Varna.
3) It divides the people of society in many castes.
4) The upper caste is more privileged than the lower.
5) It harms the growth of the nation.
20 Lines on Caste System
1) Caste system means dividing the society into different groups on the basis of their caste.
2) Caste System relies on factors like birth, occupation, place of origin and living etc.
3) Caste System has affected entire India.
4) Not only India but also ancient Egypt and western Rome Empire had a caste system.
5) Untouchability in society is also the result of the caste system.
6) The Indian caste system has existed as a firm socio-economic institution since prehistoric times.
7) It is nearly impossible to determine how the castes system came into existence and why.
8) It is a caste system that binds people to marry people within their caste.
9) Caste System has brought the Reservation System for the people of lower castes.
10) Caste System is an evil which has slowed down the growth of the nation.
11) Supposedly, the Caste System existed for more than 2000 years back.
12) ‘Varna Samkaram’ is the mixture of the two castes by marriage.
13) Caste System is not only present in Hindu but also many other religions.
14) Pathan, Qureshi, Mughal, Sayed and Sheikh are the castes in Islam.
15) Caste System is useful in defining one’s status in the society.
16) People say that a person takes birth in the class according to his ‘Karma’ in the previous birth.
17) Caste System is no more about the occupation of a person in modern India.
18) The Aryans had introduced this system to control people and make things work more systematically.
19) Caste System must not have probably made for what its objective has become now.
20) It has become very common the misuse of the Caste System by the political parties for their benefit.
Caste system in India poses a serious threat to the country’s economic development and growth. It not only discriminates people but also prevents the downtrodden one from grabbing the opportunities and showing their talent and capability, which may prove beneficial to the nation as well as society. Government, through law and order, is trying to keep a check over it and nab the person practising caste-related discrimination.