Bachendri Pal is a well known Indian Mountaineer belonging to a very rural area in Uttarakhand. She became famous after her expedition to World’s highest mountain above sea level ‘Mount Everest’. Reaching its summit in 1984, she became the first Indian woman to reach Mount Everest. Her life was full of adventure and interesting events and so interesting is reading the biography of so adventurous woman from India. Let’s read about her through the given sets of 10 lines.
Ten Lines on Bachendri Pal
10 Lines on Bachendri Pal – Set 1
1) Bachendri Pal is a famous Indian Mountaineer from Uttarakhand, India.
2) She was born on 24th May 1954 in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand.
3) She earned the degree of M.A. and B.Ed. from D.A.V. Post Graduate College, Dehradun.
4) Bachendri Pal had an early interest in mountaineering and scaled many summits lower than Mount Everest at a younger age.
5) In 1984, Bachendri Pal was selected with 6 Indian women and 11 men to summit Mount Everest.
6) Bachendri Pal created history by reaching the summit of Mount Everest on 23rd May 1984.
7) Bachendri Pal was the only woman from her group to reach Mount Everest.
8) Thus Bachendri Pal became the first Indian woman to reach Mount Everest.
9) She has been conferred with Padma Shri (1984), Arjun Award (1986)’ Yash Bharti Award (1995) and Padma Bhushan (2019).
10) Apart from these, Bachendri Pal has also been conferred with many other awards and recognitions.
In the 2nd set of ten lines on Bachendri Pal, we have provided in detail the important experiences of Bachendri Pal. Through these few points on Bachendri Pal, we have tried to touch the hidden facts of her life. The information given in the points will improve your knowledge and become a source for writing her biography. Students may use these points in their school assignments. Hoping that you will enjoy reading:
10 Lines on Bachendri Pal – Set 2
1) Bachendri Pal’s parents Hansa Devi and Shri Kishan Singh Pal have 7 children.
2) For the first time in her life, Bachendri had scaled a mountain of height 3999.9 meters at the age of 12.
3) Before reaching Mount Everest, Bachendri was working as Mountaineering Instructor at National Adventure Foundation (NAF).
4) Strange but true, Bachendri was the first woman in her village to graduate.
5) Her mission to the expedition for Mount Everest was named ‘Everest-84’.
6) During the floods in 2013 in the northern parts of India, Bachendri Pal with a group of climbers conducted a rescue and relief operation.
7) The autobiography of Bachendri Pal is “Everest – My Journey to the Top”.
8) She also got Gold Medal by Indian Mountaineering Foundation in 1984 for excellence in mountaineering.
9) Bachendri recorded her name in Guinness Book of World Record in 1990 as the first Indian and youngest woman to summit the Mt. Everest.
10) The Government of India also awarded her the National Adventure Award in 1994.
Thus we can conclude that Bachendri Pal was and still is a very daring and fearless woman. She had started the expedition to Mount Everest with 5 other women but they all broke their patience in the midway and came back leaving Bachendri Pal only woman in the group with a high desire to scale the height of Mount Everest.
She also could have left in the midway but she wouldn’t have created history. Her strong desire made her persist in her dream and she is an inspiration for all of us. Her biography teaches us not to leave our dreams in midway and try to make both ends meet to make our dreams come true. It is only you who can make your dream come true but no one else.