The Atal Pension Yojana (APY) was launched to provide life-long pension to laborers working in the unorganized sector. If someone joins this scheme, the central government will give her/him a minimum lifetime pension guarantees. If anybody invests in the Atal Pension Yojana; from the age of 60 till death he/she will get a pension of Rs 1,000 to Rs 5,000 per month. The amount of pension will depend on the contribution to the plan before 60 years. One can get better returns on her/his contribution to the scheme if she/he invests at an early age after 18 years.
Ten Lines on Atal Pension Yojana
1) The Atal Pension Yojana is being launched by the Government of India.
2) The government has launched this scheme in place of the former NDA government's Swavalamban Scheme.
3) The scheme is being implemented by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority.
4) According to the government's announcement, anyone between the age of 18 and 40 can join the Atal Pension Scheme.
5) The government has made a clear policy to deposit a sum of amount every month according to the age and the pension she/he wants to receive every month.
6) The person will have to deposit pension premiums every month till the age of 60 years.
7) The pension amount for which she/he has deposited the money in the account will start getting monthly pension after the age of 60 years.
8) The government will also contribute 50% of the deposit or a maximum of Rs 1000 per year in the account of the person who has enrolled in the Atal Pension Yojana.
9) These contributions by the government will be given only to the account holder who does not pay income tax.
10) The banks and institutions that were working for the NPS scheme have been authorized to open accounts under the Atal Pension Yojana.
We are providing below another set of Ten Lines on Atal Pension Yojana which will improve your knowledge about this scheme. Through these points, you are able to understand the whole process of opening an account for this scheme and the benefits after its maturity. You will also get aware that after the death of the beneficiary; how his nominee will also continue to get the benefit of this scheme.
1) Atal pension Yojana scheme was launched by the Indian P.M. Narendra Modi on 9th May 2015 from Kolkata.
2) Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is a very beneficial social security scheme for people working in the unorganized sector.
3) By investing in APY, one can get regular income every month after retirement until her/his death.
4) The biggest feature of the APY scheme is that there is a provision to continue to benefit the nominee if there is premature death.
5) To get a lifetime pension after retirement, you have to invest a meager amount per month in APY for a few years only.
6) Any Indian citizen is eligible to start investing in the Atal Pension Yojana (APY).
7) The person must have a bank account to nominate in the Atal Pension Yojana (APY).
8) It is also necessary to be linked to the Aadhaar card to open an APY account.
9) The benefit of the Atal Pension Scheme (APY) can be given only to those who are outside the income tax slab.
10) If a person joins the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) at the age of 18, then he will have to invest 210 rupees every month.
The central government started APY in May 2015. Earlier, there was no such scheme for people working in the unorganized sector. After retiring from investing in the Atal Pension Yojana (APY), one can be entitled to a pension every month. If a person joins the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) at the age of 18, then he will have to invest 210 rupees every month. This will become a continuous source of income in old age when her/his body is not able to work due to decreasing the health condition of old age.