Aryabhata was known as the first major mathematician from the classical time of Indian Mathematics. He was also qualified as a physicist after he gave relativity of motion. His contribution to mathematics, astronomy, and science is enormous. He was the one to calculate the circumference of the earth.
Listed below are some points related to the great mathematician of India - Aryabhata.
Ten Lines on Aryabhata in English
1) Aryabhata was born in Kusumapura (now Patna in Bihar).
2) He was the inventor of Zero.
3) Aryabhata discovered the value of Pi at the fourth decimal place.
4) At the age of 24, he wrote books Aryabhatiya and Arya-Siddhanta.
5) Aryabhata studied Hindu as well as Buddhist tradition.
6) He was the head of Nalanda University.
7) Aryabhata explained Solar and Lunar Eclipse.
8) The Aryabhata Spacecraft, the first Indian satellite was named on Aryabhata.
9) In honor of Aryabhata, the Govt. of Bihar has made Aryabhatta Knowledge University AKU in Patna.
10) Aryabhata died in 550 CE in India.
1) Aryabhata was in the era of the Gupta Dynasty.
2) Many famous books written by Aryabhata have been lost.
3) Aryabhata mentioned, “For a triangle, the result of a perpendicular with half side will be the area”.
4) Aryabhata was the one to introduce the place value system.
5) He introduced the concept of rotation and revolution of the planets.
6) So many trigonometric concepts were also given by Aryabhata.
7) In a poem Aryabhatta introduced the 5 laws of mathematics.
8) Aryabhata solved the Diophantine equation for the first time.
9) He proposed the accurate value of the length of the day.
10) He was the first person to define the glowing of the moon and other planets are due to the reflection of sunlight.
Aryabhata’s contribution in the field of mathematics, physics and astronomy is very helpful for the current scientific world; everyone will be grateful forever to him for his inventions, concepts, theorems. His work helped in many ways in the progress of today’s science.