Aquatic animals are the type of animals that live in water. Animals living in ponds, lake, rivers etc are called as ‘Freshwater Animals’ and those living in the oceans are called ‘Marine Animals’. Some aquatic animals take oxygen from their gills and other animals, in order to take oxygen they come to the surface of the water for breathing as they have lungs. There are many aquatic animals that live in water and land both, such as crabs, jellyfishes, snails etc.
There are two types of aquatic animals i.e. ‘vertebrates’ and ‘invertebrates’ means those who have backbones and others who don’t have backbone, respectively.
Ten Lines on Aquatic Animals in English
We have provided below 10 lines on Aquatic Animals which will help you to know more about aquatic animals and their importance. Further you can use these lines in your paragraphs and essays on various competitions and can win accolades from people. It will also help you to present an effective speech on the occasion of ‘World Animal Day’ observed on 04th October every year.
10 Lines on Aquatic Animals – 1
1) Animals that live in water for most of their lifetime are called aquatic animals.
2) Animals living in ponds, lakes, rivers etc are referred as freshwater animals and those in seas or oceans are called marine animals.
3) Aquatic animals take oxygen via air or use their organs to absorb oxygen dissolved in water.
4) Some animals use their gills in order to breathe whereas some breathe with the help of their lungs.
5) The increasing pollution has highly affected aquatic animals and made them on the verge of extinction.
6) The consumption of aquatic animals by human beings has also endangered the aquatic animal species.
7) The ‘Amazon River Dolphin’ is the aquatic animal that has the most diverse diet consisting of 53 species of fish.
8) The ‘Ganges River Dolphin’ is the national aquatic animal of India.
9) The ‘Ganges Shark’ is an endangered species which is found in the waters of Ganga and Brahmaputra.
10) The ‘Mugger Crocodile’ is one of the three crocodile found in the Indian subcontinent.
Please also go through an additional set of 10 lines on Aquatic Animals so that you could get more information about them. You can incorporate these lines in your paragraphs and extempore events in inter-school or intra-school events and emerge as a winner:
10 Lines on Aquatic Animals – 2
1) Aquatic animals are the animals that survive and breed in the water bodies like river, lakes seas and oceans.
2) Farming of fishes, algae, and other organisms for consumption as well as for commercial purpose is called ‘Aquaculture’.
3) Around 50 percent of production and farming of aquatic animals for consumption comes from aquaculture.
4) 90 percent of farming of aquatic animals is done in the ‘Asia-Pacific Region’.
5) Aquatic animals are very much prone to extinction because of the fragility in their environment.
6) Increase in the production of trade and consumption of aquatic animals is leading to various challenges for the aquatic life.
7) Aquatic biodiversity is very much essential for the environment as well as for the survival of human race.
8) People living near sea and coastal areas are largely dependent on the aquatic animals for food as well as for their livelihood.
9) The pollution from oil refineries, industrial dump and global warming has highly damaged the aquatic life in recent times.
10) Many steps are being taken by the world communities to conserve the aquatic animals so that it creates a healthy balance of ecosystem and biodiversity.
Aquatic animals are a part and parcel of the ecosystem, they play an equally important role in order to keep environment safe and healthy. In order to protect our ecosystem, we must not do any damage to them and try to preserve them. If we put our constant efforts to improve the ecosystem, then it will be fruitful not only for ourselves but also for other living beings.