Academy Awards, Commonly known as The Oscars. Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (AMPAS) annually organizes this prestigious award ceremony, for excellence in cinematic achievements. The United States introduced this Award to the world. Awardees receive a Golden Statue depicting a knight defined in Art Deco style. This Award was designed by George Stanley from the collection of Cedric Gibbons.
Ten Lines on Academy Awards (The Oscars)
1) In 1930, Academy Awards (The Oscars) were broadcasted on the radio from the very first time.
2) In 1929, in a private dinner party, the first time Academy Awards (The Oscars) was presented.
3) The dinner party was hosted by Douglas Fairbanks at Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
4) Academy Awards (The Oscars) world’s oldest cinematic award on International Platform.
5) In 1953, the Academy Awards (The Oscars) Ceremony was firstly transmitted and recorded for the televisions.
6) There are three American Entertainment Industry Award of equivalent legacy but Academy Awards (The Oscars) are the oldest.
7) On 24th February 2019, 91st Academy Awards were organized for the selection of best films of 2018.
8) It is officially stated that 92nd Academy Awards will be organized on 9th February 2020.
9) Emil Jannings was awarded the first Best Actor Award for his notable performance in The Last Command & The Way of All Flesh movies.
10) Later on, Janet Gaynor won a single Oscar for his performance in three films.
1) Best Foreign Language Film category was introduced in the 29th award and it was organized in 1957.
2) Before that Foreign Language Movies were honoured with Special Achievement Award.
3) 74th Award Ceremony was organized in 2002 introducing the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature Category.
4) The Oscar Statuette is made up of Gold-plated Bronze on a black metal base and It weighs around 3.856 kg & its 34.3 cms tall.
5) There is an interesting fact about the Oscar Statuette that Mexican Actor Emilio Fernandez is a model for the Statuette.
6) In the year 1939, The Academy Award (The Oscars) officially renamed “Oscar” for the trophy’s distribution.
7) Bette Davis, President of Academy Award 1941 claims the Oscars are named after her husband who was the professional band leader.
8) British Drama Movie Slumdog Millionaire which was based on Mumbai Slum Areas won eight Academy Awards in the year 2008.
9) Rami Malek won Best Actor Award in 91st Academy Award ceremony.
10) Olivia Colman won the best actress award in the 91st Award ceremony.
Academy Awards Journey is moving and growing year by year, The competitive spirit of gaining this honour is exciting for each cinematic artist around the globe. Even the Nominations for the Oscar are honour. Like this year(2019), Gully Boy is nominated for the Oscar from Indian Cinema. In the end, I would like to conclude that there are many more facts, Stories are related to Oscars, in our above sets, We have summarised and extracted the original information in a brief way so kindly go through it and note it for your records.