Wrestling is a sport that involves putting the opponent down in the ground and scoring more points.
Do you love watching sports? Many of us even love to play some sports. There are different types of sports with different rules. A majority of sport requires physical strength but there are some sports that needs mental strength and distinct skill sets. Today, we will discuss one of the combat games. Many of us love watching WWE on our televisions. So, let's have a look at the history, rules, and other details of wrestling.
Ten Lines on Wrestling
Here, I’m providing ten lines on Wrestling in the form of sets. This topic would be useful for students of classes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. Other people can also use this topic to have deep knowledge of this sport in a short period of time.
1) Wrestling is an ancient fighting sport that falls in the category of combat sport.
2) Wrestling can be classified in different forms such as Freestyle, Sambo, Judo, Folkstyle, etc.
3) The main aim of this game is to put down the opponent many times to score more points.
4) In India wrestling is known by different names like Pahalwani, Kushti, Dangal, etc.
5) Wrestling has been mentioned in ancient Vedas like Ramayana, Mahabharata, Bible, etc.
6) In 708 BC, wrestling was registered in the ancient Olympics.
7) Two popular wrestling styles Greco-Roman Wrestling and freestyle wrestling are included as a sport in the Olympics.
8) On 27 January 1967, the Wrestling Federation of India was developed in Delhi which is recognized by IOC and UWW.
9) 15,000 back cave paintings show the shreds of evidence of wrestling.
10) Oil Wrestling is very popular in Turkey and is considered the national sport of the country.
1) Many countries use wrestling to train soldiers.
2) Wrestling is the oldest competitive game also adopted by the ancient Roman.
3) Most of the poses of Babylonian and Egyptian reliefs are still used in today’s wrestling.
4) Different countries modified the rules and name of the game according to their requirements.
5) When talking about wrestling, the famous ancient Greek wrestler Milon of Croton is remembered.
6) Every Olympics since 1908, have included wrestling.
7) The United World Wrestling (UWW), an international governing body of wrestling was established in 1912.
8) Sakshi Malik, Sushil Kumar, Babita Phogat, Ravi Kumar Dahiya, etc are some notable wrestlers of India.
9) Among the Greek ancients, wrestling was considered as the most popular sport.
10) Wrestling was considered as Mall-Yudh and Wrestlers were known as Mall in ancient India.
The sport of wrestling is not easy to play, as it requires lots of strength. The modern wrestling technique involves different weight categories. Wrestling is said to be a sport that requires maximum muscular strength and physical endurance. Proper training of the skills is also very necessary to play this game. Speed is another factor that plays an important role in this sport.
I hope the above given ten points on Wrestling will be helpful for you to understand various aspects of this sport.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Wrestling
Ans. WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) is currently owned by Vince McMahon.
Ans. Kolhapur, a city in India is known as the Wrestling Capital or Wrestler’s city of India.