It is undoubtedly clear that Sania Mirza is the most celebrated Tennis Player in India. As it is said that instead of mother, daughters are closer to their father and so is in the case of Sania Mirza. She got the inspiration of playing Tennis from her father and he himself was the first coach in his daughter’s life. Although later she started playing Tennis professionally, she gives the all the credits of her achievements to her father. Also Sania gives the credit to her School, NASR School for motivating her in achieving her dream. There is a lot to know about the incomparable Tennis Player of India Sania Mirza. Let’s study all those with the help of sets of 10 lines provided below.
Ten Lines on Sania Mirza in English
Here is given a set of 10 lines on Sania Mirza. This set comprises information like her biography, tennis career and achievements.
The facts provided below are prepared in easy language to meet every need of the reader.
These points on Sania Mirza are very important to prepare an essay or to deliver a speech on Sania Mirza.
You can also add few or all of these points in your projects. So let’s start reading it.
10 Lines on Sania Mirza – Set 1
1) Sania Mirza, born on 15th May 1986 in Mumbai city of Maharashtra state of India, is a famous Tennis player of India.
2) Sania completed her Schooling from NASR School in Hyderabad and graduated from St. Mary's College.
3) She also has degree of Doctor of Letters from the MGR Educational and Research Institute University in Chennai.
4) Being trained by her father Imran Mirza, Sania started playing Tennis professionally from 2003.
5) As a junior player, she has won 10 singles and 13 doubles titles.
6) Sania Mirza won the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) title in 2004 and became the first Indian woman to win this title.
7) Later in 2005, Sania was recognised as the “Best Newcomer of the Year” by WTA.
8) Sania Mirza has become the first Indian women tennis player to earn more than US $1 million as the prize money.
9) She got Arjun Award in 2004 and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2015.
10) She has won 3 Women Doubles Grand Slams and is the first Indian woman to win a Women’s Doubles Grand Slam.
Another set of 10 lines on Sania Mirza is provided below to make you aware of all those important facts which were not discussed in the 1st set. With some other information, this set is equally important for reader to have sufficient knowledge of the life journey of tennis player Sania Mirza so why to make delay in reading the 2nd set, let’s start.
10 Lines on Sania Mirza – Set 2
1) Apart from Tennis, Sania Mirza also loves swimming and playing cricket.
2) Sania Mirza is married to popular Pakistani Cricket Player Shoaib Malik since 2010.
3) Sania Mirza is the Brand Ambassador of state of Telangana.
4) Sania is also the first woman to be the UN Women Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia.
5) She brought to India a Bronze Medal in the mixed doubles event of the 2002 Asian Games with her partner Leander Paes.
6) In 2010 Asian Games Sania brought Silver Medal in Mixed doubles with Vishnu Vardhan and Bronze medal in Women’s Single.
7) Sania Mirza has won 3 Women Doubles Grand Slams and all with Martina Hingis as a partner.
8) Initially Adidas sponsored the training of Sania Mirza and later she became the Brand Ambassador of it.
9) Sania got many awards - Arjuna Award (2004), Padma Shri (2006), Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (2015) and Padma Bhushan (2016) etc.
10) “Ace against Odds” is the autobiography of Sania Mirza containing 256 pages published in July 2016.
Much more than just a Tennis Player, Sania Mirza is the pride of India and also an inspiration for Indian women to achieve their dream at any cost realizing them there actual potential. The list of her achievements is so long that it cannot be completely described here. As we all know that Sania is an excellent Tennis Player from India while Shoaib Malik belongs to Pakistani Cricket Team but they neither live in India nor in Pakistan instead they live in Dubai, UAE.