People are the most important asset of a nation. They are at the centre of the economic, social, political and cultural development of a country. They provide the skills, intellect, perspective and ideas necessary to drive a nation forward. Ultimately, being the backbone of any nation, they are at the forefront of shaping and driving the population of a nation. But an uneven increasing population can have a negative effect on the development of a nation. To understand this, we will discuss about population explosion in detail.
Ten Lines on Population Explosion in English
Here, we are presenting few lines on Population Explosion in form of different sets. This topic is useful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 in English. These provided lines on Population Explosion will help you to understand how population explosion can be a global crisis and how it can be controlled.
10 Lines on Population Explosion (Set – 1)
1) Population explosion is a major concern as it leads to a number of serious issues.
2) It is caused due to the rapid growth of population in a specific area.
3) In 2023, India overtook China in terms of population.
4) India is estimated to have about 5 millions more people than China.
5) Unemployment, poverty, lack of facilities, etc are the outcomes of population explosion.
6) Good medical facilities resulting in low death rates is responsible for growing population in India.
7) Government is running various programs for controlling overpopulation in the country.
8) Early marriage, lack of education, etc. are all contributing factors to population explosion.
9) The population of India as per 2023 reports is 1,428,627,663, an increase of 0.81% from 2022.
10) In the upcoming years, India’s economy is set to grow at the fastest pace.
10 Lines on Population Explosion (Set – 2)
1) India is expected to be one of the most populous countries in the world.
3) Half of India’s population is under 30 years of age.
4) The population of India has increased significantly and is currently estimated to be around 1.42 Billion.
5) Population explosion affects the availability of resources, increases pollution and threatens biodiversity.
6) It has the potential to create an economic crisis for a nation due to its negative impacts.
7) It can also lead to political and social instability as it affects the distribution of resources in a country.
8) Reasons of population explosion include increase in birth rate, decrease in death rates, etc.
9) Lack of strong central law is another reason for population explosion in India.
10) The issue of population explosion must be addressed to ensure the long-term sustainability of a country.
20 Lines on Population Explosion
1) Population explosion is a situation in which population of an area increases rapidly.
2) India is now expected to become the most populous country by beating China.
3) Population explosion leads to pollution, overconsumption of resources, poverty, social and political instability.
4) Improved health care, low death rates, lack of central law, etc are some reasons of population explosion.
5) Some ways to curb population growth is family planning, sex education, and promotion of contraception.
6) The two most populous countries in the world are China and India.
7) The rapid growth of India’s population has led to increased pressure on resources, such as land, water and food.
8) India’s population growth has led to an increase in the number of people living in rural areas with limited access to basic services and amenities.
9) 4 to 5 out of 10 people in India are under the age of 25.
10) The Indian government is taking steps to address the population explosion in the country.
11) India’s population explosion has also led to an increased demand for jobs.
12) The population explosion in India has also had a significant impact on the environment.
13) Recently, a private bill objecting the issues of overpopulation is presented in Lok Sabha.
14) The bill is about to make a new and strong central law on population control for the citizens.
15) In 2019, India has launched Population Control Bill but was withdrawn in 2022.
16) States like Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar have higher fertility rate than the rest parts of the country.
17) The population explosion is not highly threatening because of the majority of young population.
18) It is essential that the government and citizens work together to manage population explosion in India.
19) India should focus on empowering women through educational programs which will help reduce the fertility rate.
20) India is required to find a way to manage growing population without deteriorating social and environmental impact.
5 Lines on Population Explosion
1) Population explosion is the rapid increase of population.
2) It is caused due to increased birth rate, decreased death rate, etc.
3) India has a population of about 1.4 billion people in 2023.
4) India is estimated to be the world’s most populous country.
5) Population explosion will result in poverty, unemployment, etc in India.
Population explosion has become a major global concern for a country like India. To overcome the problems caused by population explosion, it is essential to take urgent steps to effectively reduce population growth through improved family planning and reproductive health services, etc. Only then can we hope for a sustainable and equitable future for the global population.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Question on Population Explosion
Ans. According to the United Nations (UN), the world’s population has increased from 7.8 billion to 8 billion since March 2020 and is projected to reach 9.8 billion by 2050.
Ans. Population is typically measured through a census. This involves taking a head count of people in a designated area, such as a country, state, or city, and keeping track of demographic information such as age, sex, ethnicity, and marital status.