Lala Lajpat Rai was an eminent freedom fighter, a social activist, an educationist, a lawyer who sacrificed his life for the independence of his motherland. Lala Lajpat Rai was a member of Arya Samaj since his college days and was an active volunteer for carrying out the social activities of Arya Samaj. Lala Lajpat Rai also joined Congress to fight for freedom, since he belonged to the moderate group of the Congress party yet he opposed the British rule.
Lala Lajpat Rai was in opposition to the British rule especially the Simon commission, he organized a rally to protest this and, in that protest, he was killed by a British official.
Ten Lines on Lala Lajpat Rai in English
We have provided ten lines on Lala Lajpat Rai in English for class 3, class 4, class 5, class 6, etc. After reading these few lines you will be able to know these questions such as who was Lala Lajpat Rai, by which name Lala Lajpat Rai was known, when Lala Lajpat Rai was born, where Lala Lajpat Rai received his primary education, when Lala Lajpat Rai joined Congress, when Lajpat Rai joined Arya Samaj, etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will support your essays on Lala Lajpat Rai as well as related topics like facts on Lala Lajpat Rai, Lala Lajpat Rai and freedom struggle, Simon commission, etc.
10 Lines on Lala Lajpat Rai – Set 1
1) Lala Lajpat Rai was a prominent national leader and a freedom fighter of India.
2) The spirit of nationalism spread by Lala Lajpat Rai is ultimate and appreciable.
3) By this nature of patriotism, Lala Lajpat Rai was often known as ‘Punjab Kesari’.
4) Lala Lajpat Rai was born on 28th January 1865 at Dhudike in erstwhile Punjab.
5) Lala Lajpat Rai was initially admitted to govt. higher secondary school, Rewari.’
6) In 1880, Lala Lajpat Rai went to government college, Lahore to study law.
7) While studying law, Lajpat Rai came into contact with other freedom fighters.
8) Lala Lajpat Rai joined Congress in 1888 and also served with the president post.
9) Lala Lajpat Rai also joined ‘Arya Samaj and became a supporter of Dayanand.
10) Lala Lajpat Rai died on 17th November 1928 opposing the Simon commission.
We have provided another set of ten points on Lala Lajpat Rai for class9, class 10, class 11, class12. After going through these points, you will find that who were Lal-Bal-Pal, who were the parents of Lala Lajpat Rai, which organization Lala Lajpat Rai joined, which educational institution did Lala Lajpat Rai helped to build, which commission Lajpat Rai opposed, etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on Lala Lajpat Rai and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Lala Lajpat Rai – Set 2
1) Lala Lajpat Rai was an eminent freedom fighter in India’s struggle for freedom who was also a social activist, a lawyer, an author.
2) Lala Lajpat Rai was one out of three members of the trio called ‘Lal-Bal-Pal’, which included Bal Gangadhar Tilak and Bipin Chandra Pal as other two.
3) Lala Lajpat Rai was born in Dhudike village in Punjab, his father was ‘Munshi Radha Kishan Agrawal’ and his mother was ‘Gulab Devi Agarwal.
4) When Lala Lajpat Rai was studying in Lahore, he became influenced by ‘Swami Dayanand Saraswati, and later Lajpat rai became a member of Arya Samaj.
5) In 1186, Lala Lajpat Rai helped Mahatma Hansraj to establish ‘Dayananda Anglo-Vedic School’ in Lahore which was later turned into Islamia College after partition.
6) Lala Lajpat Rai joined Indian national congress in 1888; in 1905 he and Gopal Krishna Gokhale were sent to Britain to tell the people, the truth of British rule in India.
7) Lala Lajpat rai started publishing a monthly paper called ‘young India’ to awake and aware of the feelings and sentiments of Indian people towards British rule.
8) Lala Lajpat Rai was also a great union leader and he also joined the ‘Indian Trade Union Congress’ (INTUC), Lajpat Rai also went to jail for unionist views.
9) When Simon commission arrived in Lahore on 31st October 1928, all including Lala Lajpat Rai were protesting and agitating upon his arrival in India.
10) While holding a rally against Simon commission, Lala Lajpat rai was assaulted brutally by policeman Mr. Scott and Lajpat rai succumbed to injuries three weeks later.
It is very important for every Indian to have some information about Lala Lajpat Rai and his inspirational Life-Journey. We are providing here a 3rd set of 10 important points on Lala Lajpat Rai in English. The set contains few short and accurate facts that will be helpful for projects, essays and speeches for the students of class 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and others. This useful set of 10 lines in English is created in simple and easy language and with the use of basic words so that no one faces any problem while reading these lines. So read the given 10 points and evaluate yourself.
10 Lines on Lala Lajpat Rai – Set 3
1) Lala Lajpat Rai is well known as a politician, an active writer and a fearless freedom fighter.
2) He was born on 28th January 1865 in Lahore, which is now a part of Pakistan.
3) In 1877, Lala Lajpat Rai got married to Radha Devi Agrawal and had two sons and one daughter.
4) During his Collage-life, he was much impressed by Swami Dayanand Saraswati and joined Arya Samaj.
5) He joined the Law Collage at Lahore where he met Lala Hans Raj and Pandit Guru Dutt.
6) He quit Law practice in 1914 and decided to involve himself in struggle for freedom of India.
7) Lala Lajpat Rai founded ‘Indian Home Rule League of America’ in 1917 when he was in New York.
8) Lala Lajpat Rai was also elected as the President of Indian National Congress for its Calcutta Special Session of 1920.
9) In 1928, Lala Lajpat Rai led a peaceful protest against Simon Commission with black flags in Lahore.
10) He died of a heart-attack on 17th November 1928 in Lahore.
A 4th set of 10 important points on Lala Lajpat Rai is also being provided here. This set contains few important facts and information on Lala Lajpat Rai. This set of 10 points is created in easy and simple language that is why it is adaptive for students of classes 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and others. You can use these lines or points in your essays, projects, speeches and make them attractive. So read all the given information and have fun.
10 Lines on Lala Lajpat Rai – Set 4
1) Lala Lajpat Rai was the first of the triumvirate “Lal Bal Pal”.
2) Lala Lajpat Rai is mostly known as ‘Punjab Kesari’.
3) Together with Indian National Congress, he was also a part of Hindu Mahasabha which is a Hindu Nationalist Political Party.
4) Lala Lajpat Rai was fond of writing and wrote many books as England’s debt to India, Young India and The Message of the Bhagawad Gita etc.
5) After Jallianwala Bagh Massacre, he conducted a protest against British Government in Punjab.
6) Lala Lajpat Rai was an active freedom fighter and lead Non-Cooperation Movement in Punjab.
7) During his march against Simon Commission, the police assaulted him badly and then he uttered “I declare that the blows struck at me today will be the last nails in the coffin of British rule in India”.
8) Many Indians of that time denied that his death was caused by Heart-Attack.
9) Bhagat Singh strongly believed that it was a murder and decided to take revenge.
10) Now a day, Many Institutes and Universities are running on the name of Lala Lajpat Rai in memory of his inspirational acts and achievements.
Lala Lajpat rai was not only a freedom fighter, but he was a social activist and educationist also. It was the efforts of Lala Lajpat Rai and others through which a quality education system like ‘DAV Public Schools and Colleges’ were started to impart modern education by maintaining the tradition.
Lala Lajpat rai also was in favour of labour reforms by making labour laws friendly towards the labour; finally, he wholeheartedly opposed Simon commission.