Lal Bahadur Shastri is one of the few prominent politicians of India. Not only Indians but also the entire world respects him a lot. You must have heard about him someday, somehow. It's time to read more about him through the sets of 10 lines below. These sets will bring you fun in learning for which, I am sure.
Ten Lines on Lal Bahadur Shastri in English
Some sets of 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Lal Bahadur Shastri are given below for the Students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Language is kept very simple for easiness of everyone, let's start reading:
10 Lines on Lal Bahadur Shastri
1) Lal Bahadur Shastri had born on 2nd October 1904, in Ram Nagar, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
2) He was the second child of his parents.
3) He did his primary schooling at Mughalsarai and Varanasi.
4) He completed his graduation from Kashi Vidyapeeth, Varanasi in Hindi, English and Philosophy.
5) He was against the caste system and even dropped his surname ‘Srivastava’.
6) The title of ‘Shastri’ is the educational title given after he completed graduation.
7) He got married to Lalitha Devi in 1928.
8) He was the second Prime Minister of independent India.
9) He gave the slogan ‘Jai Jawan Jai Kisan’ at the time of Indo-Pak war of 1965 signifying the importance of farmers and soldiers.
10) Shastri died in Tashkent on 11th January 1966 after signing the ‘Tashkent Pact’.
10 Lines and Sentences on Lal Bahadur Shastri
1) Lal Bahadur Shastri's father was Sharada Prasad and mother Ramdulari Devi.
2) He used to swim to cross a river to reach school since crossing it by boat was costly.
3) He was a follower of Gandhi’s ideology.
4) He was against the dowry system and just took a small piece of khadi cloth and a spinning wheel from the bride’s family.
5) Lal Bahadur Shastri was the first who introduced water cannons instead of lathi-charge to disperse crowds.
6) He started the appointment of women conductors in buses to empower women.
7) He became the Prime Minister of India after the sudden death of Jawaharlal Nehru.
8) He gave the complete liberty to Indian forces to retaliate in the Indo-Pak war in 1965.
9) Shastri Ji got the most prestigious Bharat Ratna award posthumously in 1966.
10) Shastri Ji died of cardiac arrest in Tashkent under mysterious conditions.
5 Lines on Lal Bahadur Shastri
1) Lal Bahadur Shashtri took birth on 2nd October 1904.
2) He belongs to Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
3) Lal Bahadur Shashtri was the 2nd prime minister of India.
4) He was a very great freedom fighter.
5) His famous slogan is “Jai Jawan Jai Kisan”
20 Lines on Lal Bahadur Shastri
1) Lal Bahadur Shastri was the most honoured Prime Minister of the Republic of India.
2) His father Sharada Prashad Srivastava was a School teacher while his mother Ramdulari Devi was the daughter of a headmaster in Railway School in Mughalsarai.
3) Shastri Ji was a very honest person that's why people loved him the most.
4) He joined the freedom struggle after a speech given by Mahatma Gandhi.
5) After joining the Non-Cooperation Movement, Shastri Ji also went Jail for few times.
6) In the year of Independence of India, Shastri Ji was the Minister of Police and Transport.
7) Shastri Ji served as the Minister of Transport and Communication in the year 1957.
8) After becoming the prime minister, he served the best his nation.
9) “Jai Jawan Jai Kisan” was the slogan given by Lal Bahadur Shastri in 1965 during the public gathering at Ramlila Maidan in New Delhi.
10) Shastri Ji was a man of honesty and simplicity, yet he was the greatest.
11) Lal Bahadur Shastri belonged to a Kayastha Hindu family in India.
12) Shastri went to jail under Salt Satyagrah for more than two years.
13) Lal Bahadur got the title of ‘Shastri’ in the year 1926 from Kashi Vidyapeeth University.
14) He was the Minister of Railways from 1951 to 1956.
15) He had also served as the Minister of Home Affairs from April 1961 to August 1963.
16) Shastri Ji got inspiration from Mahatma Gandhi and Bal Gangadhar Tilak to participate in Indian Independence Movement.
17) He had huge devotion to the service of the nation and its people.
18) Shastri Ji was completely a principled personality and proved it by reversing the undue promotion of his son.
19) Shashtri Ji was the Prime Minister of India from 9th June 1964 to 11th January 1966.
20) On the 100th birth anniversary of Lal Bahadur Shastri, RBI issued Rs. 100 non-circulating coin.
Lal Bahadur Shastri was one of the best Prime Ministers India ever had. His honesty, simplicity and humbleness are hard to find in today’s political environment. The reforms, he introduced during his tenure, are still relevant in modern times. Apart from being simple and humble, his strong determination and disciplined lifestyle are a source of inspiration for the current generation. In true sense, he was an inspiration for millions of Indians, showing them that anyone from among them could rise to become the Prime Minister, through hard work and determination.