Yoga is such a physical practice that relaxes our body and calms our mind. It has several benefits like it increases our immune system, energizes us, and keeps us active. Though Yoga has originated in India, the entire world has understood its value now. Perhaps this is the reason why the World celebrates the International Day of Yoga together on the same day.
Have you not heard about it? Let’s read now quickly about it through the sets of 10 lines on International Day of Yoga below.
Ten Lines on International Day of Yoga
Set – 1
1) The International Yoga Day is celebrated every year on the 21st of June.
2) It was first celebrated in the year 2015.
3) The Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi had proposed in the UN General Assembly to celebrate the occasion.
4) The first and grand celebration of the day was held at Rajpath in New Delhi, India.
5) The day is celebrated to promote Yoga for the health benefits on the global level.
6) In the year 2020, the International Day of Yoga will fall on Sunday.
7) The theme for International Day of Yoga 2020 is ‘Yoga at Home and Yoga with Family’.
8) Due to the pandemic ‘COVID-19’ this year, the International Day of Yoga will be celebrated digitally at 7 am.
9) The Government of India has requested people not to do Yoga outside their houses this year but on their roofs.
10) The Ministry of AYUSH and ICCR has planned to run a Video-blogging contest for children this year on the day.
Set – 2
1) The International Day of Yoga is celebrated in the entire world.
2) It is also called ‘Yoga Day’.
3) The celebration of the Day was proposed in the United Nations General Assembly in 2014.
4) 21 June is selected for the International Day of Yoga because it is the longest day of the year.
5) The proposal of India regarding celebrating the International Day of Yoga was supported by 177 countries in UNGA.
6) There was a grand Yoga programme held on the occasion in 2018 under the guidance of Yog Guru Baba Ramdev in Rajasthan.
7) The programme was recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest Yoga Session ever.
8) The Yoga Session on the day is also organized by various educational institutions and NGOs.
9) Though the International Day of Yoga is celebrated globally, it is celebrated in India on the grandest level.
10) In the year 2020, the Prime Minister of India will join the entire nation on this occasion digitally.
The International Day of Yoga is such an initiative by the United Nations General Assembly which brings the entire nation together for a day. Though we all know that currently there are disputes between many of the nations in the world, this is the day which they observe together to benefit their people. So now, not only India but also the entire world has understood the value of Yoga and accepted it.