Draupadi Murmu is a tribal leader and an active politician hailing from Orissa.
In India, the 16th Presidential election is going to be held in 2022. As we know that the working period of the President in India is 5 years. The service tenure of President, Mr. Ram Nath Kovind will end in 2022. Many names came upward for this position. BJP’s parliamentary board meeting highlighted a well-known name in Indian politics for this position. The name of Draupadi Murmu is decided as the NDA’s candidate for the presidential election. Today, we will discuss about her in detail.
Ten Lines on Draupadi Murmu in English
Here, I’m presenting ten lines on Draupadi Murmu in the form of sets. This topic will help you to know Draupadi Murmu better. The language is kept simple so that everyone can understand it easily and quickly.
1) On 20 June 1958, Draupadi Murmu was born at Baidaposi village, Orissa.
2) Draupadi Murmu is an Indian politician belonging to Bhartiya Janata Party.
3) In Jharkhand the first woman governor is Draupadi Murmu.
4) She is nominated for the 2022 presidential election by NDA (National Democratic Alliance).
5) She is the first scheduled tribe woman to be nominated for president of India.
7) Draupadi Murmu served BJP by being the vice-president of its Scheduled Tribes Morcha.
8) Before entering politics, Draupadi Murmu was a teacher.
9) Murmu was married to Shyam Charan Murmu and has three children.
10) In 2007, she was awarded the Nilkantha award by the Odisha Legislative Assembly for best MLA.
1) Having lost her both sons and husband, her personal life is filled with tragedy.
2) In 1997, the Rairangpur Nagar Panchayat elected Draupadi Murmu as councilor.
3) From 6 August 2002 to 16 May 2004, she held Fisheries and Animal Resource Department.
4) From 6 March 2000 to 6 August 2002, she held State Minister of Commerce and Transport in an independent capacity.
5) From 2000-2009 on a BJP ticket, she won MLA twice from Rairangpur, Mayurbhanj (Orissa).
6) Murmu managed to win the 2009 election when BJP failed to beat BJD (Biju Janata Dal).
7) Murmu was considered a possible candidate when President Pranab Mukherjee planned to leave Rashtrapati Bhavan.
8) Murmu’s presidential win will be a great tribal push for BJP.
9) From 2015 to 2021, she served as 9th Governor of Jharkhand, India.
10) If won, Draupadi Murmu will be the first tribal president of India.
1) Draupadi Murmu belongs to the Santhal community, one of the ethnic groups of the tribe.
2) Her father was Biranchi Narayan Tudu.
3) She belongs to the family of village headmen.
4) Her schooling was from K.B HS Uparbeda School, Mayurbhanj.
5) She is a graduate with a BA degree from Rama Devi Women’s University, Bhubaneswar.
6) As she was born to a tribal family, she faced many hardships and societal oppression.
7) Draupadi Murmu holds a humble image in Indian politics.
8) Her work for the tribal community gave her fame and respect.
9) After the loss of her two young sons, she lives with her only daughter, Itishree Murmu.
10) Murmu underwent depression due to the death of her husband and son.
1) Murmu started her political career in 1997 by joining Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP).
2) From 1979 to 1983, she also worked as a junior assistant in the irrigation department of
3) She left her government job in 1983 to look after her children.
4) After battling poverty and tragedies, Murmu always served society with great zeal.
5) In 2016, Murmu announced that she will be donating her eyes to Kashyap Memorial Eye
Hospital, Ranchi after her death.
6) Murmu also donated her in-laws’ house as a trust to a school.
7) Hailing from a small area, her hard work made her way to India’s top constitutional post.
8) Being a member of the BJP, she gained a wealth of experience in politics and administration.
9) Draupadi Murmu is nominated against Yashwant Sinha (All India Trinamool Congress) for the
10) Murmu said that she feel delighted and surprised for being nominated for this top post.
The 2022 Presidential Election is going to be commenced on 18 July 2022 and the result will be announced on 21 July 2022.
Draupadi Murmu has many ‘first’ in her name. If selected as President, one more first will be added to her name. Serving as the governor of Jharkhand, she always shows interest in the issues regarding tribal affairs, education, and the social well-being of the people of Jharkhand. It is expected that she will be a great president of India.
I hope the above-provided lines on Draupadi Murmu will be helpful in understanding the personal as well as the political life of this well-known tribal leader.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Draupadi Murmu
Ans. Shri Ramesh Bais is the current (2022) Governor of Jharkhand.
Ans. Draupadi Murmu was born on 20 June 1958. She is now 64 years old by June 2022.
Ans. In India, 35 is the minimum age to become president.