Chimpanzees are the animals belonging to the category of “Pan” with presence in all across the globe except Antarctica. They are considered to be genetically closest animals to the class of family comprising of apes, humans and gorillas. Most of the chimpanzees prefer to live in tropical rainforest, cloud forest and the broadleaf forests of Africa. Chimpanzees prefer to live in groups called as communities and are quite intelligent in using various techniques for hunting, planning strategies for many future events.
Ten Lines on Chimpanzee in English
We have provided sets of 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Chimpanzee in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can add these lines in your essays and paragraphs writing in your exams as well as in the school competition. We hope, these simples lines about Chimpanzee will be easily understood and helpful for you.
10 Lines on Chimpanzee – Set 1
1) Chimpanzees are a species of great ape.
2) They are the living relatives of humans who are most closely related.
3) Chimpanzees are highly intelligent animals.
4) They live in social groups of up to 100 individuals.
5) They are active during the day and spend most of their time in the trees.
6) Chimpanzees are listed as an endangered species.
7) Chimpanzees are omnivores and eat a variety of fruit, insects, and even small animals.
8) They are also threatened by habitat destruction and hunting.
9) Chimpanzees have powerful arms and legs, and can move quickly through the trees.
10) Their hands are very similar to humans, with opposable thumbs and long, sensitive fingers.
10 Lines on Chimpanzee – Set 2
1) Chimpanzees don’t have any natural predator except leopard and humans.
2) A chimpanzee may vary from 63 to 95 cm with average weight around 71 Kg.
3) Chimpanzees are classified in to two groups; the Bonobos and the common chimpanzees.
4) Bonobos can live up to 40 years while the common chimpanzees live up to 50 years.
5) Chimps can remember the number sequence due to their powerful memory.
6) Chimpanzees are also widely used in biomedical research and have been the subject of numerous studies.
7) Chimpanzees take care of their babies just like humans providing warmth and care.
8) The female chimpanzee has the gestation period of 8 to 9 months and gives birth to single baby at a time.
9) Genetically chimpanzee, also known as chimps are quite similar to the human beings.
10) Chimps are quite popular in culture and they have played many different characters in TV shows, movies and cartoons.
5 Lines on Chimpanzee
1) Chimpanzees are black in color.
2) They are very intelligent.
3) They are omnivorous animals.
4) They can be 4-6 feet long.
5) They are observed as human relatives.
20 Lines on Chimpanzee
1) Chimpanzee popularly called chimps belongs to the family Hominidae.
2) It is a social animal and prefers living in groups called ‘communities’.
3) A single group of chimpanzees consists of 20-150 members.
4) The group members are directed by the dominant male chimpanzee in the group.
5) They spend their entire life partially on trees and partially on land.
6) Chimpanzee uses certain medicinal plants for curing several diseases as human beings do.
7) They communicate with other chimpanzees by facial expressions, postures, and different sounds.
8) The behavior of chimpanzees is closely observed by setting cameras, drones, and microphones.
9) Chimpanzees are enlisted as endangered species in the world.
10) They are intelligent animals as they can remember well, have knowledge of tools, and show cooperation.
11) The chimpanzee is a mammal that resembles human beings.
12) It is 4-6 feet longer in size and weighs about 30-70 kg.
13) The entire body of the chimpanzee except for the face, hands, and feet is covered by rough hairs.
14) Chimpanzee is found in every type of forest area in the world.
15) It is extremely fond of eating a variety of food and especially bananas.
16) Chimpanzee is omnivorous in nature but mainly feeds on fruits, nuts, seeds, and roots of plants.
17) The average lifespan of chimpanzees is 40 to 60 years.
18) The male chimpanzee is bigger and stronger as compared to the female chimpanzee.
19) The gestation period in a female chimpanzee is of 8 months.
20) The mother chimpanzee nourishes her young ones by breastfeeding upto 5 years after birth.
Chimpanzees have been used as laboratory samples in experiments and bio-medical research for more than 70 years. Chimps as animals have to undergo a lot of pain because in most of the cases for the experiments they are being separated from their mothers just after the birth and researchers conduct surgery, biopsy on their bodies.
But now things are changing with respect to the steps being taken by many governments of European and American countries, research ban preventing the use of chimpanzees and apes for testing purposes in experiments is getting implemented. Chimps are unique and fascinating creatures and hence should be treated with great love and care from humanitarian point of view.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Chimpanzee
Ans. In a few African towns, especially in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, chimpanzees have been kept as pets for a long time.
Ans. In 2000, New Zealand was the first country to pass a law that made it illegal to study great apes.
Ans. The scientific name of chimpanzees is Pan troglodytes.
Ans. Chimpanzees share over 98% of their DNA with humans.
Ans. Yes, chimpanzees are an endangered species, with their numbers having declined by up to 90% in some areas.
Ans. Chimpanzees have a complex communication system, using vocalizations, facial expressions, and gestures to communicate.