Chapekar brothers were a great revolutionary freedom fighter of Indian freedom struggle. If they were strict followers of Hinduism then they were also die-hard lovers of their motherland. Chapekar were three brothers namely, Damodar Hari Chapekar who was the eldest among all the three, Balkrishna Hari Chapekar and Vasudeo Hari Chapekar. Chapekar brothers were very much agitated towards the British rule and in and their behaviour with Indians.
When plague became epidemic in the whole Bombay presidency and the response which the British government gave agitated Chapekar brothers to take revenge on this incident.
Ten Lines on Chapekar Brothers in English
We have provided ten lines on Chapekar brothers in English for class 3, class 4, class 5, class 6. After reading these lines you will know that who Chapekar brothers are, what is the name of Chapekar brothers, where Chapekar brothers were born, how Chapekar brothers were carried out in freedom struggle, which incident made them agitated for taking revenge, etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will support your essays on Chapekar brothers as well as related topics like facts on Chapekar brothers, Chapekar brothers and freedom struggle of India, etc.
10 Lines on Chapekar Brothers – Set 1
1) Chapekar brothers were revolutionary freedom fighters of Indian freedom struggle.
2) The trio was known as Damodar Hari, Balkrishna Hari, and Vasudeo Hari Chapekar.
3) Chapekar brothers were born at Chinchwad near the former Peshwa capital of Pune.
4) Chapekar brothers were not more educated, they were helping the hand of their father.
5) Chapekar brothers felt Hinduism is disrespected due to some controversies in Pune.
6) Chapekar brothers organized “Chapekar club” where military training was provided.
7) At the end of 1896 plague spread like an epidemic in the whole Bombay presidency.
8) During this time plague officer rand misbehaved and ill-treated the public of Bombay.
9) Chapekar brothers decided to kill Rand and they became successful in their mission.
10) Chapekar brothers were arrested and after facing the trials, all the three were executed.
We have provided another set of ten points on the Narmada River for class9, class 10, class 11, class12. After going through these points, you will find the answer of following questions like; who were the parents of Chapekar brothers, who were the eldest among the Chapekar brothers, which association Chapekar brothers established, whom Chapekar brothers killed and what was the reason etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on Chapekar brothers and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Chapekar Brothers – Set 2
1) Chapekar brothers were an eminent revolutionary freedom fighter who sacrificed their lives while serving their motherland India.
2) Chapekar were the three brothers namely, Damodar Hari Chapekar, Vasudeo Hari Chapekar, and Balkrishna Hari Chapekar.
3) Chapekar brothers were born in Pune where Damodar was the eldest who was born in 1868; their mother and father were ‘Dwarka’ and ‘Hari’.
4) Chapekar brothers were not much educated; they helped their father in his ‘kirtan’ and other religious and Brahminical rites and rituals.
5) Chapekar brothers became disturbed due to some incidents took over in Pune like Hindu-Muslim riots etc which they considered derogatory to the Hindu religion.
6) As a reaction, Chapekar brothers made an association called “Chapekar club” which involves military training for removing obstacles of Hindu religion in society.
7) In 1896, the plague took the form of an epidemic in the whole Bombay presidency leaving lots of people to die resulting in 657 deaths.
8) A committee was made under the leadership of W. C. Rand to tackle plague, he and his men started forced entry in the houses, humiliating the people.
9) As an agitation to this Chapekar brothers decided to kill Rand, on 22nd June 1897 they killed rand when celebration queen Victoria’s coronation was going on.
10) As a counteraction, the British government started taking action Chapekar brothers and finally caught them; Chapekar brothers were hanged till death in 1899.
Chapekar brothers were very united in their relationship, this relationship helped them to become a revolutionary and fight for the freedom struggle of India. When plague spread in whole Bombay presidency and the kind of behaviour the Britishers did with the people made them agitated and they took the revenge by killing officer rand who was responsible for this ill behaviour and mismanagement, they shoot rand in the celebration of queen’s coronation.