Amazon River is the major river in South America and in the world with the largest drainage system. The river flows through the tropical rainforest’s areas and especially in Brazil which has the maximum number of tropical rainforests. There is a controversy about the world’s longest river as some experts consider the Amazon River as the world’s longest river whereas some believe Nile.
Amazon River is the habitat of all kinds of living beings and holds several ecosystems within it. It is also home to some of the world’s rare and most dangerous species. The Amazon River discharges more water in comparison to the eight largest rivers of the earth and it has the largest drainage system of the earth.
Ten Lines on Amazon River in English
We are providing here 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Amazon River in English Language for students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Students can get help in their studies from these sets of lines and complete their home work, assignments, project work and can get knowledge within less time also. So, let's start:
10 Lines on Amazon River
1) Amazon River is the largest river in the world which flows in the South America.
2) It is the largest river in the world due to the amount of volume of water it holds.
3) Amazon River flows through the tropical forests of South America, especially Brazil.
4) The length of Amazon River is 6400 km and its catchment area is 6,300,000 km2.
5) Amazon River originates in the Andes Mountains located in western South America.
6) It enters Brazil with one-fifth of the flow and then it drains in Atlantic Ocean.
7) The biggest city which is situated on the banks of Amazon River is the Manaus.
8) In the city of Iquitos, the Amazon River divides into the Maranon and the Ucayali rivers.
9) Amazon River basin is the largest river basin of the world with the area of 7,050,000 km2.
10) The river has 1100 tributaries out of which 12 are of the size greater than 1500 km.
10 Lines and Sentences on Amazon River
1) Amazon River emerges in the western part of South America.
2) It is regarded as the world's largest river by volume of water discharged.
3) Nevada Misami in Andes Mountains is the originating point of the Amazon River.
4) Amazon River is 6992 km in length.
5) The area of the drainage basin of the Amazon River is 70,00,000 square km.
6) It is the largest river basin in the world.
7) Maranon, Nanay, Napo, Ampiyacu, etc are the left bank tributaries of the river Amazon.
8) Javary, Coari, Purus, Acara, etc are the right bank tributaries of the river Amazon.
9) Amazon River traces its major course from Peru, Columbia, and Brazil countries of South America. 10) It terminates in the Atlantic Ocean after entering Brazil.
5 Lines on Amazon River
1) In terms of volume, it is the largest river.
2) It is world’s second largest river.
3) It contains freshwater.
4) It is a famous river located in South America.
5) It emerges from the ranges of Peru.
20 Lines on Amazon River
1) Amazon River is regarded as the world’s second-longest river.
2) It has great significance in South America.
3) Maranon was the ancient name of the Amazon River.
4) It is called Rio Amazonas in Portuguese and Spanish.
5) The river is stated as 'upper Amazon' in Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, Columbia, and Venezuela.
6) There are 412 dams built on the Amazon River.
7) They are constructed for harnessing the hydroelectric power from the river.
8) The river also provides the facility of transportation and agriculture for the people.
9) Amazon River is home to a rich diversity of flora and fauna.
10) It has no bridge across width because of the large width of the river.
11) The Amazon River in South America is the largest river in the world in terms of water flow and sometimes it is also considered the world’s longest river.
12) Amazon River which is also pronounced as ‘Rio Amazonas’ in Portuguese and Spanish languages is the lifeline of the biggest ecosystem on earth.
13) The Amazon River was originally explored in the 16th century by the Europeans, especially by a Spanish explorer ‘Francisco de Orellana’.
14) In the dry season, 110,000 sq. km is covered by the Amazon River while during the wet season the area of the Amazon River basin exceeds to 350,000 sq. km.
15) The quantity of freshwater discharged by the Amazon River into the Atlantic Ocean is huge which is up to 300,000 m2/sec in the rainy season.
16) In Peru, the upper mainstream of Amazon comes down for joining the Ucayali River is called Maranon and from there till the Brazilian border, it is known as Amazonas.
17) In Brazil, the Amazon River which flows from Peru for joining the Negro River is known as Solimoes and from the Negro River to the Atlantic Ocean, it is called as Amazonas.
18) The water present in the Amazon River shows the diverse range of aquatic animals and it is the main habitat of Boto or river dolphins.
19) Piranhas, the notorious and carnivorous fishes are also present in the Amazon River basin which attacks any living being including humans.
20) The Amazon River is the biggest route for transportation as most of the cities are situated on the banks of the Amazon.
For few years, Amazon River has attracted international attention because of the increased human activities in the Amazon River basin which has threatened the natural ecosystem of the basin. Increased deforestation especially in the south Amazon River has highly affected the biodiversity in the area. In order to make way for new constructions at the areas close to the Amazon River has badly affected the natural environment of the river basin and the living beings dependent on it. However various initiatives have been launched to protect the ecosystem across the river basin.