We have heard about many writers. They write poems, novels, articles, books, plays, stories or other things that may provide knowledge and entertainment to the readers. Some of them leaves a long-lasting impact in our mind by their writings. In India, we have various famous writers like Rabindranath Tagore, Arundhati Roy, Chetan Bhagat, Vikram Seth, Munshi Premchand, etc. who won our heart with their works.
Ten Lines on Munshi Premchand in English
One of the famous writers of early 20th century is Munshi Premchand. Here we are presenting simple ten lines on Munshi Premchand in the form of sets that will give you quick detail about him in very less time.
1) Munshi Premchand was famous writer of Hindi literature.
2) His original name was Dhanpat Rai Srivastava.
3) Premchand was born on 31 July, Saturday in 1880.
4) He was born in Lamhi, a small village in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
5) His father was Ajaib Lal and mother was Anandi Devi.
6) His father was clerk in post office, later posted to Gorakhpur.
7) He wrote several novels, dramas, short stories, etc.
8) Some of his famous novels include Gaban, Godaan, Mansarovar, Idgah and Karmabhoomi.
9) Various films had been made based on his work like ‘Satranj Ke Khiladi, ‘Oka Oori Katha’, etc.
10) He died on 8 October, Thursday in 1936 at the age of 56 due to long illness.
1) Premchand belongs to the Kayastha family.
2) Initially, his pen name was “Nawab Rai” then he switched to “Munshi Premchand”.
3) In remembrance of Munshi Premchand, ‘Premchand Award’ has been given in the field of Literture.
4) He has been entitled as “Upanyas Samrat” by writers.
5) Premchand is considered as the first writer whose writing deals with realistic events.
6) Many of his work is translated into English and Russian language.
7) He also worked as script writer in Bombay and did cameo in that film.
8) In early days, he used to work as a book seller so that he could read many books without purchasing them.
9) His last completed novel was “Godaan”, which was considered best of all.
10) Munshi Premchand Mahavidyalaya, a college in Siliguri is named after him.
Munshi Premchand was famous Indian writer. Unlike many other writers, he never been anywhere outside India. He had faced many financial crises during his lifetime. He was married at the age of 15 when he was studying in 9 standard. Due to not having good relationship with his wife, he married a child widow although many people opposed him for doing this. His mother died at an early age and he couldn’t connect more to his stepmother. After completing his studies, he served as a teacher in different institutes. After that he left his job and focus on his literary career. And now, we all know him as a great writer.
FAQs: Frequently asked questions
Ans. Shivarani Devi (second wife, child widow) was wife of Munshi Premchand.
Ans. Mangalsutra, he wrote only 4 chapter (about 70 pages).
Ans. Script of film “Mazdoor” is written by Munshi Premchand and directed by Mohan Bhawnani.
Ans. His first novel was “Seva Sadan”.