Lucknow is a multicultural city declared as the capital of Uttar Pradesh. Lucknow also accounts for India’s second happiest city.
You have visited many states and capitals of India. Each city represents a different culture and tradition. The standard of living of people varies from place to place. Some cities are famous for their foods while some are well known for their trade production. If you ever visited the northern part of India, you would have heard of Chikan embroidery. Yes, we are talking about Lucknow. Today, we will discuss the city famous for its unique embroidery.
Ten Lines on Lucknow in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on Lucknow City in the form of sets. This topic is useful for all the students to know the important aspects of this city.
1) Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh is a large city situated in the northern part of India.
2) In ancient times, Lucknow was known as Lakshmanpur or Lakhanpur.
3) This city is also known as ‘City of Nawabs’ as it was ruled by Nawabs for a long time.
4) Barabanki, Raebareli, Unnao, Hardoi, and Sitapur are the bounded cities of Lucknow.
5) Urdu is a widely spoken language in Lucknow after Hindi.
6) Lucknow contains the highest Shia Muslim population of India.
7) Lucknow city is associated with traditional Chikan embroidery.
8) Among many other cities of India, Lucknow is considered the 17th fastest growing city and 74th worldwide.
9) Lucknow played a significant role in India’s Independence Movement and also was the center for the Indian Rebellion of 1857.
10) Bhool Bhulaiya, Rumi Darwaza, Bara Imambara, Ambedkar Park, etc are the center of attraction in Lucknow.
1) The foundation of Lucknow is said to be laid by Lakshman, brother of Lord Rama.
2) Wajid Ali Shah was the last Nawab of Lucknow.
3) The city of Lucknow experiences very cold winters.
4) Lucknow registered a small amount of forest cover of approx 5.66 percent.
5) Lucknow is also famous for a variety of mangoes, especially Dasheri mangoes.
6) The Kakori conspiracy during the Indian Independence Movement took place in Lucknow.
7) The beautiful city still gives you the nawabi feel, making it unique.
8) Earlier the city was known as Muslim-centric due to its huge Muslim population.
9) This city is also marked as the beginning of the Khilafat Movement.
10) Mirza Dabeer, Mir Babar Ali Anis are some notable Urdu poets belonging to the city of Lucknow.
Lucknow holds a special place in India due to its ancient history. Lucknow was captured by Babur, the first Mughal ruler in 1528. Being ruled by Nawabs for a long time, the city is now the center of education, commerce, music, poetry, commerce, and so on. You can also find many historic monuments in this city. The city serves you with a well-connected transportation facility that will make your visit more convenient.
I hope the above given ten points on Lucknow City would be helpful for you to know the various aspects of this city.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Lucknow
Ans. Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport is the Largest Airport in the state of Uttar Pradesh, situated in the Capital City of the State.
Ans. The city of Lucknow is situated at the bank of the Gomati River.