We are welcome in the world of technologies. Today, every human activity is simplified due to the emergence of new and fast pace technologies. The field of computer science is registering new techniques in our day-to-day life. One of the famous technologies is “Artificial Intelligence”. Due to its increasing applications, everyone from small kids to the elders is well aware of this term and using its application in our day-to-day life.
Short and Long Paragraphs on Artificial Intelligence in English
Here, I’m providing some paragraphs on the new technology Artificial Intelligence in different word limits. I hope it would be helpful for you to understand this interesting topic quickly.
Paragraph 1 – 100 Words
Artificial Intelligence is a new technology in the field of computer science. “Artificial” means man-made that is not natural and “Intelligence” refers to the ability to think and make decisions. Therefore, we can say that making machines like computers to take their own decisions is Artificial Intelligence. This could be possible using various computer programming and codes.
In other words, Artificial Intelligence or AI is a field that makes computers to behave like humans and make decisions on their own. Machine learning and natural language processing are all part of Artificial Intelligence. Some advanced hardware and software along with the high-level programming languages are used in AI applications.
Paragraph 2 – 120 Words
Artificial Intelligence is the wide branch of computer science. It deals with developing smart machines that can operate without human interaction. Today we can think of a machine that can work according to our needs without providing instructions.
Artificial Intelligence can be used in video games, mobile phones, cars, surveillance, etc.
Many famous social platforms like Google, Facebook and many more use Artificial Intelligence. The recommendation in Google or any other site uses AI. Google assistance and Siri in iPhone is a virtual assistance program which is an example of Artificial Intelligence.
Another famous example of Artificial Intelligence is Amazon’s Alexa and Amazon Echo developed by Amazon. We have heard of self-controlling cars. They do work on the principle of Artificial Intelligence.
Paragraph 3 – 150 Words
The concept of Artificial Intelligence was introduced back in 1950. Alan Turing, a mathematician and computer scientist designed a machine named as “Turing Machine”. This machine can test whether the computers can make decisions or not. The test can check the ability of machines to respond like humans.
The year 1956 is considered as the birth of Artificial Intelligence. John McCarthy, a computer scientist has introduced the word “Artificial Intelligence” in the world of computer science.
In 1966, the first chatbot by the name “Eliza” (Natural Language Processing computer program) was developed by Joseph Weizenbaum. In 1972, Japan developed the first humanoid robot by the name “WABOT-1” (WAseda roBOT).
In 1997, IBM Deep Blue, a chess playing computer program, gained attention by defeating Gary Kasparov, world chess champion.
Thereafter, many social sites started using AI. Now we can see the vast applications of Artificial Intelligence in our daily life.
Paragraph 4 – 200 Words
Major areas of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence works on three major areas:
- General Learning: It refers to how the system will react to a particular situation.
- Reasoning: It refers to how the system will choose a correct path in any circumstances.
- Problem Solving: It refers to making system self-problem solving so that the system could itself find a solution to any difficult problem.
Stages of Artificial Intelligence
There are three stages of Artificial Intelligence: ANI, AGI and ASI.
- ANI (Artificial Natural Intelligence): ANI is also called as weak AI. It is called so because it can focus on limited areas. Alexa (virtual assistance) can be an example of Artificial Natural Intelligence.
- AGI (Artificial General Intelligence): AGI is also called as strong AI. It can cover more areas of intelligence. However, we are in the last stage of ANI. It is believed that soon we will move to Artificial General Intelligence. Hence, we do not have any working example of AGI.
- ASI (Artificial Super Intelligence): The ASI is the advanced stage of Artificial Intelligence. It is a fiction theory which we generally watch in movies. Scientists believe that after a long time Artificial Intelligence will take the strong form when everything would be in hands of machines.
Paragraph 5 – 250 Words
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
Some people think that the terms Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning and Deep Learning are the same. But these terms are different from one another. Artificial Intelligence is a broad term which can include Machine learning and Deep Learning inside it. Machine learning provides different techniques that would be helpful to achieve the goal of AI. We can say that Machine Learning can be the subset of Artificial Intelligence. However, Deep learning is the subset of Machine Learning. It is used to solve large complex problems using neural networks.
Types of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence is broadly categorized into four types.
- Reactive machines: This type of AI has short memory. They do not store previous memories. The IBM chess game program will be the perfect example of Reactive machines.
- Limited memory Artificial Intelligence: As the name suggests, it has limited memory. Self-driving cars are examples of Limited Memory AI.
- Theory of mind Artificial Intelligence: These types of AI are under processing. It aims making machines that can hold humans like emotion and thoughts.
- Self-aware Artificial Intelligence: These are the advanced versions of AI. It is believed that it will be more intelligent than humans.
Impacts of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence can have both positive as well as negative impacts on society. The applications of Artificial Intelligence are making human tasks much easier. This could result in loss of human jobs. The implementation cost of Artificial Intelligence is quite high and skilled workers are required for their development.
However, we are expecting a machine that could take human-like decisions but what will happen if humans lose control from them? Therefore, the impact of Artificial Intelligence is still a matter of debate in society.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Artificial Intelligence
Ans. John McCarthy, a computer scientist is considered as the father of Artificial Intelligence.
Ans. Yes, Artificial Intelligence is used in Tesla vehicles.cc
Ans. Python is mostly used in Artificial Intelligence.
Ans. Some mobile phone applications of AI are voice recognition, face recognition, digital assistance, music streaming, social media feed, map navigation, etc.